No announcement yet.

Another Helicopter Crashed in Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We actually had to cover the intakes on the stacks of my ship with foam when in the gulf because of sand storms. The only restriction it caused was you had to be careful not to speed up too fast or you would stall out a GTM.

In a fight we would just rip them off real quick. The sand would take ages to actually break something, but you should never forget long term maintenance.
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos

Is it normal for navy ships to sink? No.

Is it normal for helicopters to occasionally crash? Yes.

Is there really and direct comparison? No.
      Is it normal for navy ships to sink at time of war? Yes.

Is it normal for helicopters to crash at time of war? Yes.

Is there really and direct comparison? Yes.

Comment

Is it normal for navy ships to sink at time of war? Yes.
        Not for USN ships. I realize the russian navy's experiance is quite different.

Is it normal for Russian navy ships to sunk in peacetime? Yes.
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Not for USN ships.
          Cough, Pearl Harbour, cough.

Comment

As for Russian Navy - any time, any place (c) by you.

Comment

Lamb to the slaugher, I do love you little visits

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_submarine_Kursk

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                sand is not a helicopter's friend so I think it is just mechanical failure. Maybe poor maint.
                I work aboard Camp Lejeune Marine Corps Base (Worlds largest Amphibious training base) and also McCutcheon Field (Marine Corps Air Station New River).

My neighbor was a crew chief on a CH-53 Super Stallion and now is a Maintainence Cheif for the V-22 Tilt Rotor Osprey.

He did a tour in Afghanistan and in Iraq.

This is a massive problem he stated that the equipment encountered. Not just a little dust, sand would make them have to take the units down hard to do more PM's than normal conditions.

If this happened or not, as for the cause, then one should understand the elements at play!

Great response Old Reasonable Ferret Luvin Rah!

Gramps
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Lamb to the slaugher, I do love you little visits

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_submarine_Kursk
                  I find it strange that you, as an active Navy serviceman, use " " smile while talking about death of over a hundrend sailors.
                  Looks like a sailor's solidarity is just a myth for US sailors.

Ok. Would you still use your " " smile after this article ?

And notice: She (USS Scorpion (SSN-589) was one of the few American submarines to be lost at sea while not at war and is one of only two nuclear submarines the U.S. Navy has ever lost (both during peacetime).

Russian Navy also lost only two nuclear submarines (both during peacetime): Komsomolets and Kursk.

So I can't understand your pants creaming about tragedy of Kursk. Actually, I think you are an evil, inhuman, arrogant, self-enamoured, Popeye-style mofo.

Have a nice day and a nice SS-N-19 Shipwreck for your rusty destroyer.
                  Last edited by Serb; August 22, 2007, 17:23.

Comment

Agreed, Kursk is a recent tragedy, not a war time blunder.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I find it strange that you, as an active Navy serviceman, use " " smile while talking about death of over a hundrend sailors.

YOU get another .

Comment

Wow!
                        I'm making such a progress. A year ago or so, you were ready to shoot me on sight. Now you insert a " " smile in your every comment to my rare counterattacks.

Comment

Whats the point of an online forum if you can't argue with someone?

Comment

Working...
                          X