Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the world economy ever dumps big time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: If the world economy ever dumps big time...

Originally posted by Wycoff

...and have millions starve to death in hare-brained collectivization schemes and millions more murdered in some ideologically based purged.
    Which is why a co-op-based economy is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
      I live in the desert
      Get water from Lake Powell. They're even giving water for golf courses there...
      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

You don't have to be an anarcho-hippy to be useful. I know plenty of rednecks who'd be able to survive catastrophe, and they actually have the means and the will to defend themselves if threatened.

Regardless, the suburbs are going to starve.

There's a fine line between "anarcho eco hippies" and red-necks. Quite frankly I don't even know where that line is.

The rural poor.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: If the world economy ever dumps big time...

I guess rednecks get liquidated too, huh? They're poor, but not the right kind of poor, I guess.
          They get sent to Siberia, err Arkansas.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

No rednecks in California, huh? What about Northern California?

California v. Arkansas... quite an arbitrary comparison.
            Northern California is quite liberal thank you very much. I don't really call that a redneck.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: If the world economy ever dumps big time...

Originally posted by Odin

Which is why a co-op-based economy is better.
              Even a co-op based society has enemies, like in Venezuela. They have to be dealt with.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                There may be chaos for a while, but there are many groups that would work to restore order. Not only military and police but also firemen and construction workers, people who are used to building, not destroying.
                They are all going to want compensation. Since the private sector won't be paying anymore the government will have to step in. And the govt won't be able to borrow anymore so they will have to tax. So anyone who works will have to pay out the ass in taxes.
                Eventually energy delivery would go to farms for tractors and rail for distribution.
                Energy doesn't magically appear. That also has to be paid for by the govt.
                I would find some clearings and plant potatos, then harvest as needed and before the rains come bring in the rest.

Here on the Oregon Coast heat is not really needed because of the Pacific thermal mass, warm clothes are enough.
                That's a real problem, because in order to get the old system back up and running people will need to start buying things, not making things for themselves. As people start making things for themselves the system will deteriorate further.

Comment

Regardless, the suburbs are going to starve.
                  The suburbs have nice backyards for pivate gardens. The cities, on the other hand, are screwed.

How many Blue states can feed themeselves?
                  "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos

The suburbs have nice backyards for pivate gardens. The cities, on the other hand, are screwed.

How many Blue states can feed themeselves?
                    California can feed all of them.

Comment

California can feed all of them.
                      No, it can't. There is also 30 odd red states between Cali and Northeast. Those happen to be the ones full of rednecks armed to the teeth.

I feel a East/West Pakistan scenario coming on...
                      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                        Those happen to be the ones full of rednecks armed to the teeth.
                        Flies easily swatted.

Comment

Flies easily swatted.

Comment

Yea, you poor little thing, I guess you didn't know that we have guns too.

We have more guns than rednecks.

The largest U.S. seizure of illegal guns came to a head this summer in the Los Angeles area when Hammond Ku pleaded guilty to importing 2,000 AK-47 automatic weapons from China.
                            Y'all are so cute, but no danger to us at all in the midst of chaos. We will swarm you. There will be no borders. There's no red and blue states. We will just move in and take over. You want a firefight. Good, no more rednecks.

Comment

Y'all are so cute, but no danger to us at all in the midst of chaos. We will swarm you. There will be no borders. There's no red and blue states. We will just move in and take over. You want a firefight. Good, no more rednecks.
                              heh, Kid you are really entertaining when you think your being clever.

What side of the fence is the US military and most of its veterans? Where are most of them stationed?

What do you think your paltry 2000AKs (which were probably on there way to red states anyways) will have during the reckoning?

Do you play communist revolution with the local kids on the weekends?

Comment

I need to remember to stop posting in the same threads as Kidicious. I always end up agreeing with him on something before realizing what a stooge he is.
                                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                                X