X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lancer
    while the Germans are being French.
    "Tell me whom you live with and I will tell you who you are."
    Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

It's really true. The Russians will learn they can run riot before europe finds its balls, if they ever do. I'm just waiting for the tanks to roll and borders to expand to include former sov countries. That won't be enough though, it never is.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by The Vagabond
        However could you please name me at least a single great power (apart from Russia!!) that would allow FM broadcasts from its major geopolitical rivals? I bet you won't be able to.
        I'm pretty sure we would have been just fine with it. Free speech and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

I'm pretty sure we would have been just fine with it. Free speech and all that.
          Most for language stuff other than Spanish isnt that prominent for lack of demand. Im pretty sure one of our local UHF TV stations gets all kinds of foreign stuff, Im quite sure China.

And I guess some of those of you who get cable have the joy of getting Al Jazeera.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I'm pretty sure most Russians who are pro-Western enough to listen to Russian BBC can listen to BBC World Service or just read someone like Edward Lucas (ew...) in English.
            Moreover, we're talking about FM. FM stations have small coverage areas, so this means only we Muscovites are deprived of this dubious privelege.
            Not a big deal.
            Graffiti in a public toilet
            Do not require skill or wit
            Among the **** we all are poets
            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by The Vagabond

To judge by the majority of people here, adding a healthy dose of the "Voice of Russia" to your FM networks would be rather educational.
              It's not possible. They've shut down the Voice of Russia at the same time as BBC. Both have a license problems.

Новости сегодня: самые актуальные новости России и мира. Фото и видео. Комментарии, мнения и оценки. Происшествия, события шоу-бизнеса, спорта и мира науки. Новинки автопрома. Погода и курсы валют.

The rest is crap and anti-Russian hysteria.

Comment

You know, if the Russian people don't want to listen to the Beeb they can always tune in on another radio station.

So unless there are a lot of people listening to the BBC and it annoys you, no reason to take it of the air...
                "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Most for language stuff other than Spanish isnt that prominent for lack of demand. Im pretty sure one of our local UHF TV stations gets all kinds of foreign stuff, Im quite sure China.

And I guess some of those of you who get cable have the joy of getting Al Jazeera.
                  Relax, take it easy (c). The Voice of America (both radio and TV) is still poisoning our air . I guess their license is ok (just like licenses of other foreign radio and TV stations). Me thinks, BBC and Voice of Russia will come back when owners settle this paper problem.

Comment

Working...
                  X