Russian BBC listeners must go back to shortwave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian BBC listeners must go back to shortwave

Breaking news about Satellite from The Jerusalem Post. Read the latest updates on Satellite including articles, videos, opinions and more.

So did the BBC plot a coup against Putin?
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

"It's no secret that the BBC was established as a broadcaster of foreign propaganda," Ermachenkov told The Associated Press.
    It was news to me.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Would they please?
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Just Russians being Russians.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

It's stuff like this that really makes you wonder if Putin is just going to quietly acquiesce to his term limit...
          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
          Drake Tungsten
          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
          Albert Speer

Comment

Like Chavez?

Comment

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...Russia: Most dangerous country in the world. Putin: Most dangerous man in the world.

Asmodean
              Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Western radio broadcasts in Russian are good. It's interesting to listen to them.

However could you please name me at least a single great power (apart from Russia!!) that would allow FM broadcasts from its major geopolitical rivals? I bet you won't be able to.

BBC (and, until recently, "Radio Liberty") FM broadcasts in Russia are just remnants from the epoch of great naivety which ensued in Russia in the early 1990s.
                Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

On the other hand, Vagabond. Can you name me a single great power where FM broadcasts from it's major geopolitical rivals are more needed than in Russia?

Asmodean
                  Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
                    On the other hand, Vagabond. Can you name me a single great power where FM broadcasts from it's major geopolitical rivals are more needed than in Russia?
                    To judge by the majority of people here, adding a healthy dose of the "Voice of Russia" to your FM networks would be rather educational.

Comment

Well, for example are not limiting it. I doubt the baltic countries are doing that either.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

What? You have FM broadcasts of the Voice of Russia in Finnish?

Comment

Never mind.

Comment

I don't know, but I know we wouldn't limit it. Maybe you need to fund your voice of russia so you can broadcast it in Russian?

I don't know, maybe we get that or don't, but I'm sure there's no ban against it.

By the way, this reminds me of this funny thing... when I was in the army, sometimes I had to check out where the interference to communication comes from, as in we'd have this equipment to locate the source of the interference, but it was mostly to know how to use those tools, I think once there was some kind of a frequency jammer in the woods but other than that I had lots of fun listening to Russian army. The frequency jamming and others weren't so interesting, I mean we'd hop into different scales to find it (for our own amusement, nothing else to do), and sometimes Russians would be more active with interference when there were bigger exercizes.

But anyway, some of it was boring but the fun stuff was when they'd talk some weird gibberish over the lines. I tried to gibberish back, just to have fun, but of course they wouldn't hear me . So that was fun, after few days of no sleep, in some dark woods, cold and hungry, I could listen to Russian gibberish as interference. Made it more interesting, saved few of my nights of total boredom. Thanks
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

bbc world service

Critics say President Vladimir Putin's government has stifled media freedoms and quashed political opposition as part of a broader effort to increase Kremlin control over Russian political life.
                              QFT.
                              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                              X