X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring on the bears!

I'm in cash and wanna play!
    Attached Files
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

No more let the good times roll?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

The good times got way too expensive for me. Hard to buy a damn thing.

Today, my biggest holding, FXI (Chinese ETF) is down about $11, or 9%.

Huzzah! Maybe now I can buy more.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Maybe people are concerned because the Fed seems so worried about inflation.

Comment

My biggest individual stock holding is down almost 30% over teh past week

But it's up 2.31% today
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Re: Bring on the bears!

Originally posted by DanS
            Bring on the bears!
            Puffter...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

What about Treasuries?

Comment

What about Shrubberies?
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                  What about Shrubberies?
                  You could corner that market, couldn't you?

Comment

Darn. I thought this was going to be about the Goldilock's story:

Three Bears Break Into Goldilocks' Home
                    Animals Demolish Calif. Woman's Home

LAKE TAHOE, Calif. -- The three bears decided to give a little payback to Goldilocks by breaking into her home while she was on vacation.

A California woman, who happens to have blonde hair, found the bears in her Lake Tahoe-area home when she came back from vacation.

The bears demolished everything in the house, but ran away when she opened the door.

Officials said they have seen a spike in incidents of bears breaking into homes after a massive wildfire in the Lake Tahoe area earlier this year.

Comment

S&P 500 recouped half of today's losses: boring.
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Yeh.

Maybe we'll see some action toward the close.

Somebody's bleeding, considering that gold and other metals are down so much. Must be lots of hedge funds selling off assets to meet margin calls.
                        Last edited by DanS; August 16, 2007, 14:17.

Comment

Bernanke needs to call someone!!!111!

Comment

I'm loving this. My 401(k) increases purchasing power every time the market goes down. Dollar Cost Averaging is your friend!
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I need to sort my **** out and have a plan to buy in the next time there is a downturn. I mean, sure, I'm still buying in via my 401(k), but I want to pick either a fund or two or several good stocks and buy those. My wife and I have a silly pile of cash in our savings account and it bothers me that I don't know how to invest it properly.

edit: yes, yes, bring on the minature violins.

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                              X