Why the World Needs the Anti-Christ, and Why There Will Never be One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatekeeper

I'm not a religious scholar. Please enlighten me a bit further, Aneeshm. Are you basically saying Christ and the anti-Christ are flip sides of the same coin?

Gatekeeper
    You can think of anti-Christ as the embodiment of all mankind's flaws towards God. Christ represent God's will and good, while anti-Christ represent Satan's and our ego's will.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Re: Re: Why the World Needs the Anti-Christ, and Why There Will Never be One

Originally posted by MarkG
      how about alien robots?
      Those robots won't be so alien if the U.S. military continues its AI and robotics programs at the rate they're going. Heh. Skynet might not be a fiction limited to James Cameron's mind after all if the next 10 to 20 years continue as they are now, development-wise.

Gatekeeper
      "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

With peace reigning and suffering minimalized by a man, then what need will men have of God ? That's the way i'd see it going, subversion rather then outright destroying.

As for the ending all evil, i don't believe that mankind is interested in that and we will accept suffering somewhere as part and parcel of being alive.

Mankind doesn't accept a little bit of suffering as a part of a good life. Life is better then ever, overhere in Holland. We're richer then ever, we have better healthcare. We have are gadgets. And people complain more then ever before.
        We are afraid for all risks. The american way of sueing is coming to Europe as well. Sue everybody and everything that did you even the slightest bit of harm.

The more comfortable man is, the less harm it can accept.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
          The Anti-Christ won't try to destruct humanity, won't be hated by all people.
          The Anti-Christ is the incarnation of mans believe in man.
          It'll bring peace, join the nations, and bring the golden age of humanity.
          Sounds like a top bloke.

Comment

Yeah, even better than that Jesus character.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Do they even mention the word in the Bible ?
              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                Do they even mention the word in the Bible ?
                The understanding of one person being 'the' Antichrist appears to be combined in 1 John with the idea of a class of persons. There John speaks of "many antichrists" who embody the spirit of the antichrist 1 John 4:3).

Comment

Apparently a lot of us are antichrists though

1 John 2:221 John 2:22
                  Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                    Apparently a lot of us are antichrists though
                    Christ is just Greek for Messiah/Moshiach/annointed one.

If Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson is the Messiah, as a minority within Chabad still claim, well ..............
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                      Bah, Anti-Christ. It's nothing against teh Anti-Frog who is mentioned in the ancient scrolls of Heresson.
                      Yeah, according to the prophesy he will be German, too
                      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                      Middle East!

Comment

I think Etchy is teh Anti-Frog
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                          The Anti-Christ won't try to destruct humanity, won't be hated by all people.
                          The Anti-Christ is the incarnation of mans believe in man.
                          It'll bring peace, join the nations, and bring the golden age of humanity.
                          Teh Anti-Christ:

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                            I think Etchy is teh Anti-Frog
                            Lets kill all Germans, that way the prophesy will never come true
                            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                            Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

You can put me down as a supporter of the anti-christ then. In fact, given what I linked in the other Jesus thread, you can probably put Jesus down as an anti-christ (if he existed and is responsible for the statements in question).

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that the anti-christ is Sir Alex Ferguson...
                              Funny I was thinking of Hilary Clinton. I dont understand why women have been kept "down on the farm" wrt supernatural evil. I'm fairly sure she has an "evil influence". Look at how badly she effected Bill. When they met, he was a card-carrying southern baptist of true intentions.
                              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                              X