Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To end all evil.
    The end death.
    To end sickness and pain, fights and hate.

There's peace in Western Europe for 50 years now, but I promise you, it's still not paradise.
    With the anti-christ in charge of a truely united mankind, in time, things like more advanced methods of curing sickness, extending lifespans yet further and such would be implemented. With death being so far away in the future i believe apathy about life having any sort of purpose would increase athiesm.

As for the ending all evil, i don't believe that mankind is interested in that and we will accept suffering somewhere as part and parcel of being alive. We all read about genocides, famine and such elsewhere in the world and whilst none of us wants it i doubt it affects many people to attend church every day and pray to God for it to stop, heck it doesn't even affect most to give a few £ a month to a charity to help prevent it.
    Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus
      As for the ending all evil, i don't believe that mankind is interested in that and we will accept suffering somewhere as part and parcel of being alive.
      Originally posted by Agent Smith
      Did you know that the first Matrix was designed to be a perfect human world? Where none suffered, where everyone would be happy. It was a disaster. No one would accept the program. Entire crops were lost. Some believed we lacked the programming language to describe your perfect world. But I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from. Which is why the Matrix was redesigned to this: the peak of your civilization.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Gate, you can't use skapegoating for good. People who will skapegoat one outsider, will skapegoat others too.
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Re: Why the World Needs the Anti-Christ, and Why There Will Never be One

Originally posted by Gatekeeper
          The planet could really use an anti-Christ right now. Someone that humanity could focus all of its hatreds on. Someone truly evil to focus on and utterly destroy, leaving humanity standing triumphant.
          how about alien robots?
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
            Gate, you can't use skapegoating for good. People who will skapegoat one outsider, will skapegoat others too.
            scapegoat. The goat who escapes. On Yom Kippur, in ancient times, the priest took two goats. One was chosen by lot to be sacrificed. The other, the sins of the people were placed on him, and he was allowed to escape, to the wilderness. Hence "scapegoat"

Now a Skate goat, that would be something else.

and oh, yeah, the one who was sacrificed was called "for the lord" the one who escaped was "for azazel" azazel being some kind of demon who dwelt in the wilderness.

Hence our good ultrasecularist Israeli poster, though he doesnt post much lately.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Re: Re: Why the World Needs the Anti-Christ, and Why There Will Never be One

Originally posted by MarkG
              how about alien robots?
              No need for the planet to get involved. The US Army will take care of those.
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Why the World Needs the Anti-Christ, and Why There Will Never be One

No need for the planet to get involved. The US Army will take care of those.
                dont forget about the Secretary of Defence!
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd

Daniel Quick is the author.
                  Fixed!!

Asmodean
                  Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean

Fixed!!

Asmodean
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
                      Daniel Quinn is the author.
                      Flee! Flee while you can!
                      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                        Excuse me?

Gatekeeper: The anti-Chirst is not one the world can focus its hatred on. It's one that will unite the world with promises of peace and harmony. Which will be the case for a short while, until he shows his real colours.
                        A hundred little evils (in terms of the current state of the world) or one big evil (the aforementioned anti-Christ figure), I guess it's still the same in the end — someone, somewhere is always suffering because of another's actions.

Using your example, Nikolai, I imagine world peace (whatever that might be) is nigh impossible, since if anyone ever reaches the point where what they do could bring it about, s/he would be accused of being the anti-Christ. I suppose, under that worldview, the best one could settle for are regions of stability in an otherwise wacked out world.

Another thing I've mused about on occasion: Why must the anti-Christ be a man? Why not a woman? It'd be a bit more original, if nothing else. Oh, wait. Oh. My. God. The anti-Christ is HILLARY CLINTON!

AUGH!

Gatekeeper

P.S. I'm not a religious scholar, by any means, so my thoughts are coming more from a philosophical direction than anything else.
                        "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus
                          I believe that's what the new testament says isn't it ?
                          With peace reigning and suffering minimalized by a man, then what need will men have of God ? That's the way i'd see it going, subversion rather then outright destroying.
                          Why must God, or the concept of God, the Lifeforce or whatever one chooses to call it, fade just because humanity might be more at peace with itself?

The mysteries of life — be they on Earth, out among the stars or at some quantum level — aren't going to go away just because of that. To me, that's where God lies, is in the mysteries. And from what I know of the universe, those seem to be neverending.

We don't need war, illness or suffering to appreciate God. If anything, I think it detracts from God's true nature, which is the mystery, which in turn we must use our God-given brains and free will to try and figure out.

Now, I'm not particularly religious. But I have always believed there's more to life than we can ever hope to understand in a single lifetime, or even maybe a thousand lifetimes. I also believe that scientists and those of faith are trying to find answers to the same thing — they're just taking different paths.

Gatekeeper
                          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm
                            The character of the Anti-Christ is an inherent part of Christ himself. They are the same.
                            I'm not a religious scholar. Please enlighten me a bit further, Aneeshm. Are you basically saying Christ and the anti-Christ are flip sides of the same coin?

Gatekeeper

Comment

Re: Re: Why the World Needs the Anti-Christ, and Why There Will Never be One

Originally posted by Kidicious
                              The anti-christ will come when the world already has a common enemy. The anti-christ will unite them against that enemy and make himself the worlds leader.
                              Bush already tried that tactic. It failed miserably shortly after March 2003.

Gatekeeper

Comment

LotM had an interesting tidbit on the origin of the word "scapegoat," but I must admit, St. Leo, that I'm not quite sure what point it is you're trying to drive home.

Gtkpr (sans the vowels)

Comment

Working...
                                X