• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBQ Ribs!

I'm getting tired of burgers.

Any good BBQ rib recipes?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

I dont BBQ. I just grill em slow (~1.5 hrs for 3 slabs) with a simple rub of garlic and onion powders, pepper, kosher salt, and paprika.
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Go to a real BBQ pit .

That's really the only way to get heaven on a rib, unless you have your own smoker.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Grilling is BBQ, yes?

Imran, the nearest decent ribs to where I live is a 4 hour drive. Just south of Crescent City is a hunting/fishing lodge place that's only open in season.

Great ribs.

Comment

Make sure they are cooked enough. The meat has to be just about ready to fall off the bone. And add some molasses to the marinade.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I have to watch my sugar intake though. I try to go for other flavors than sweet.

I just finished a couple of sloppy joes. Now those were good. Dolores adds lots of great stuff, spices, veggies...incl cellery and green onions. Mmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
              Grilling is BBQ, yes?
              Not really. cooking over low, low heat for long periods of time is BBQ. Grilling is something different (high heat for short periods).
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                I have to watch my sugar intake though. I try to go for other flavors than sweet.

I just finished a couple of sloppy joes. Now those were good. Dolores adds lots of great stuff, spices, veggies...incl cellery and green onions. Mmmm
                OMG! You have to have bbq sauce. Just don't eat too many then.

Comment

A BBQ Grill can be used to BBQ. However, it is not generally used in that manner

A BBQ proper would be heat up the coals, then let them cool somewhat, to ~250 or so, iirc, and then put the food in, closing the grill, and letting them cook at 250 for hours.
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Get your baby back ribs, spare, or full rack

rub with fav. rub

wrap in suran wrap

fridge for 3-4 hours or over night, remove and bring to room temp

prepare coals to 250-300C on one side of grill

remove ribs from wrap, remove silver (thin layer of fat on bone side), throw meat side down over flame leaving lid up/off

dose with beer

let cook for 7-10 minutes, flip off heat, cover and cook for 1.5-2 hours checking every 15 minutes from dryness, douse with beer if dry

when done lather with BBQ sauce and sear on flames

serve
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Grilling is grilling. Also good, but not the same thing.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

My neighbors grill their ribs. They use the rib ends I think. It seals in the marinade flavor. It's kind of good too, and faster.

Comment

Rib ends are ok. What makes a good rib is the backstrap. Most places that sell ribs, I don't care for much. Smokey Johns,
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Good info. Here in Oregon we don't know squat about much, but we're happy.

Comment

I need to find a decent butcher. Meat in Chicago has no quality. None. You can buy "premium" meat for >$15 a pound and still get bull****, literally
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                              X