Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are Icelandic men the longest lived men?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are Icelandic men the longest lived men?

On average they live to 79.4. Why?

Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Seafood.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

That's it?

Comment

What about fruit and veggies? We have much better variety of those here in the US. Fiber rich grains...

Screw all that, just eat fish?

Comment

Sure. Why not?
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

What else is there to do but live?
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The secret is they're being very careful not to fall into any volcanoes.

Comment

otherwise, i think to non polluted air and the slow paced (read boring) life has a lot to do with it... no stress
                "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

It just seems longer.

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

The estimated life expectancies of vegetarian California Adventists were 80.2 years for men and 84.8 years for women.

JMt655555555555555555555566tt6ttttttt
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

So I guess I would say, healthier meat?

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

DanS is probably right. Japanese also live long (I thought that they hold the records for both men and women), and they eat a lot of fish (and even algae).

Comment

The trick is not to live long, but to live like a ****ing rock star.
                            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I agree that eating some kinds of fish is healthy. They have a B vitamin which is only found in a few foods. Less stress is good too.

Stats also show that old people last longer is cold weather. Those who retire to Florida die quickly, while those who stay in New York hang on and on.

Comment

Working...
                              X