a question about debating politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wiglaf
    No...my boss encouraged her workers to have sex with her to maintain/get their positions but I was no office slut.
    Agathon wanted sex with you ?
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Discussing politics with idiots is like selling the stock when the prices are dropping.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Lot's of stock sold around here.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I find it funny and sad that both sides consider Hillary evil for exactly the opposite reasons. Voters basing one's opinions on a candidate based on preconceived notions is not good for democracy. I've seen charts based on the Nolan chart (of the "world's smallest political quiz" fame) showing where the candidates are and Hillary, Edwards, and Obama are very close together (with Edwards being slightly more economically progressive and socially conservative then the other two). Kucinich and Gavel are over on the extreme libertarian-leaning Liberal part of the chart. Richardson, surprisingly, is the least liberal of the Democratic candidates.

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
            Discussing politics with people who get overly emotional about it is pointless. They're usually ignorant, and won't listen to opposing views.
            Discussing politics, or anything really, with anyone who doesn't get very emotional is pretty much pointless. You might aswell be having a discussion with an encyclopedia.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
              Discussing politics, or anything really, with anyone who doesn't get very emotional is pretty much pointless. You might aswell be having a discussion with an encyclopedia.
              And discussing politics with people who are passionate about an issue yet rational enough not to let their emotions get in the way is great!
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I didn't think there was enough politics associated with debating to warrant questions.
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd

I was talking about emotional excess. "overly emotional"
                  ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                  ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Anyone who would have a discussion with you without getting pissed off is dead.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                      No...my boss encouraged her workers to have sex with her to maintain/get their positions but I was no office slut.
                      BTW: In California, there have been a couple of cases which have permitted the non-frolicking workers to sue for sexual discrimination and harassment with facts such as this.

The theory is that, if the manager gives benefits (better pay, promotions, etc.) to workers who have sex with the manager, this puts pressure on the other employees to do likewise.

Comment

Er, theory? That's kind of the entire point...

Comment

Working...
                        X