Whats up with sub prime lending?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats up with sub prime lending?

On August 9, 2007, France's largest bank, BNP Paribas, froze the assets of three funds tied to the US mortgage securities. The bank was unable to price the assets of the funds since the trading of mortgage securities has virtually halted and thus preventing investors from being able to determine a security's market price. As a result the European Central Bank injected €94.8 billion into the European financial system to increase liquidity that had been sapped from the market as investors shunned risk in the markets. This is the largest single loan ever made by the ECB, surpassing the €69.3 billion loan made after the September 11th attacks. On the same day, the US Federal Reserve injected $24 billion into the US financial system.

??
    I need a foot massage

This will tell you all you need to know:

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

DO NOT FEAR.

The experts say (said) the housing bust is not spreading to the wider economy.
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

hold your arms up!

Comment

Bernanke needs to call someone!!!
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
            DO NOT FEAR.

Meanwhile, the U.S. stock market continues to plummet, and this fall is being echoed in Europe and Asia.

Comment

*woosh*
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

He thought you were DanS for a moment
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                  This will tell you all you need to know:
                  That was a good youtube episode LordShiva!
                  Although it is all a bit worrisome...
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

That's even scarier than China's dollar reserves.

Comment

Who is that freak in the video?
                      Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                      Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                      Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Jim Cramer. He is a stock advice journalist type and has some backround running a hedge fund and working at goldman.

He's more entertaining than anything else but he does have some good ideas at times.

Bernake shouldnt have to do a damn thing.
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
                          DO NOT FEAR.

The experts are clearly on horse tranquilisers.
                          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp

The experts are clearly on horse tranquilisers.
                            Economy or stock market?
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Take a stock market issue that single-handedly turns 2007 into a bear market, and the economy will suffer as a result. It's not rocket science.
                              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                              X