Whats up with sub prime lending?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
    Take a stock market issue that single-handedly turns 2007 into a bear market, and the economy will suffer as a result. It's not rocket science.
    Lets see Q3-Q4 earnings reports before we withdraw.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

This will tell you all you need to know:

OK, I've tried to pause it but it eludes me. What is in the image faded in and out during the clip?

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion

OK, I've tried to pause it but it eludes me. What is in the image faded in and out during the clip?
        Your video card capacity perhaps? It plays just fine with me - never seen any fading in and out and I can pause it when ever I wish...

Comment

Assuming there was any fading in and out, that's the only odd thing you noticed?
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Take a stock market issue that single-handedly turns 2007 into a bear market, and the economy will suffer as a result. It's not rocket science.
            I was under the impression that the relationship between the two was less correlated than it used to be. At least in terms of scale. Not sure why I think that. I may have been told it, or just assumed it because I'm always hearing about the UK economy having 15 years of continuous growth whilst the stock market has been an erratic yo-yo. (Although given the number and size of internationals, the FTSE reflects less and less what is happening in the UK economy)

But I think I address symptons rather that source.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich

Your video card capacity perhaps? It plays just fine with me - never seen any fading in and out and I can pause it when ever I wish...
              OK, "fading" is the wrong word to use. There is a still image that is superimposed, overlayed (<- are those better terms?) over the video every now and then, always for a duration of less than a second. Surely you have noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢

Assuming there was any fading in and out, that's the only odd thing you noticed?
                The woman in the video is moderately hittable? Hard to tell, she is facing the camera sideways.

Comment

OK, "fading" is the wrong word to use. There is a still image that is superimposed, overlayed (<- are those better terms?) over the video every now and then, always for a duration of less than a second. Surely you have noticed.
                  Actually, when I play it - I lean back and just listen.
                  The graphics quality is irrelivent - especially being from YouTube - the audio is what I'm after. I can care less to stare at a guy talking in full digital quality...I want to hear is words first and formost.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Yet you find it fit to comment my video card's abilities

Comment

Yikes! You are right and I do apologise for that.
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

That video deserves its own thread.
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

Cramer tends to panic at market bottoms. If he's yelling 'sell! sell! sell everything!' on Mad Money, I will take it as an indication to buy.

In 1998, when we had our last financial crisis, it was his wife who kept the nerve and bought during the panic. Cramer almost threw in the towel.

Comment

Yet despite it all, we're still up for the year.

There are many reasons for a bear market this year, chief of which is that the earnings gravy train is over.
                            Last edited by DanS; August 12, 2007, 03:17.
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by One_more_turn
                              Cramer tends to panic at market bottoms. If he's yelling 'sell! sell! sell everything!' on Mad Money, I will take it as an indication to buy.

In 1998, when we had our last financial crisis, it was his wife who kept the nerve and bought during the panic. Cramer almost threw in the towel.
                              to be fair, cramer almost lost his shirt in 98 because of LTCM
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

OMG, Psycho Cramer!

Comment

Working...
                                X