Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Focus, Pekka.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Today, my stress level and tiredness in general showed in my performance. I was giving this speech about my stuff and the stuff that I do... as I went in front of the audience, I farted.

True story.

My stomach is upset, psychosomatic disorders. I didn't even apologize. What could I say? "I'm sorry, I'm really tired and work too much." ... nah... I just started and had my poker face on. I guess some people were thinking "did he just fart?" but not quite sure since I was smooth. This alone shows my superiority. I could talk naked in front of the crowd and not even blink.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

every time Pekka farts an angel gets his wings
        Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Teh angel gets Pekka's wings?
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

It wasn't one of those brutal farts. Like tiger going GRAWWWW!!! kind of farts. It was one of them click-farts, making a click-sound.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I hope it was smelly, to show them who is teh boss
              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

In the continuing series of blunders... I just got an e-mail today that basically says I need to fill in the hours I've done (separated like hours doing research x, hours doing this and that blaablaablaa)... from the last 6 months.

It's really quite mindblowing, since I spesifically asked if I should use the system and fill in my hours when I started. I asked it more than once. The answer was no, I don't need to do that, because I'm doing a research that is funded outside from our institution and my contract is different etc etc. It made sense but I still confirmed, and the answer was basically don't worry about it.

NOW, I get this e-mail that says today is the last day and I should have it done pretty damn ASAP. Great. Awesome. I don't even know how to use that system, it's filled with codes and ****, plus I need to read all the rules how the hours are marked and all that stuff. Do I have any idea about it? No. I just know I've done my hours. That's all.

Not only that, but I have a busy day and things to do, I have a meeting in 4 hours as well I need to go to so it has to be done before that. Great. Awesome. Thanks for the wrong info people, I really really appreciated it. I'm royally ****ed.
                In da butt.

Comment

Phew! I was able to clock my hours in, finished it with only 5 minutes left when it was supposed to be done. That was a pain in the butt.

Also finished my business plan and had if accepted finally. It was kind of painful, because it had to be realistic as in everything done so you could take it to a bank or investors. I first kind of made up figures but had to come back and do them again. Damn it. That was painful. Never done it before, took me a while. Had to read stuff. Oh well, it's done now. Happy about that.

Today, I'm hopefully doing the last bit of programming I'll ever do. I'm hoping to complete this baby and that's out of the way. So... got few things done this weekend. Quite a lot actually. Still have too much to do but... at least got some of the things out of the way Feels good. Maybe next week will be a good and productive one.
                  In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                  X