Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious problems with energy

Yes it's true.

I decided to come back and get some tips if anyone has any. I'm still doing my crunch and there's just so many things to do. SO many. I don't have the time to do them. I have big pressure to graduate soon, but it's not simple, I have to deal with bunch of bureaucracy, score some extra courses and complete them within few weeks (and no, there's 0 courses going on at the moment). I have to complete my thesis which is now in crossroads and I'm in trouble with it.

I have to work. I have to start writing the article that should be published about the research we've been doing. Putting it all through theories I still have to read about. I have to do programming on the side as well. I have to deal with another article I'm writing with a partner and have no time to even see or think about.

I have to deal with a task that is very complex, no freaking idea how to do it or how long it should take and write a paper about that as well. PLUS I still need to .... get those damn courses fast, from somewhere, doesn't matter. Plus I still have to do my working hours that do not include these things, except writing that one article.

How much time do I have? 3 to 5 weeks, 5 weeks tops. This amout of things I need to do (properly) would normally take ... what... 14+ weeks, and that would require fast pace as well.

I haven't had a vacation or time off in 3 years. I am tired. I'm sleepy all the time. I can sleep for 16 hours and not get up . I can be awake 4 hours and feel like going back to sleep again. This week I do have one course, attendance mandatory (outside my school), and basically that means after work, so I have 14 hour days and none of these hours can be spent doing things like .. everything I first mentioned, excluding that one article. It goes on like this for the rest of the week as well.

I get calls from my upcoming job and position about the date I'm ready to come. I have to keep them happy as well, it's not like I want to get a bad start and say "listen guys, it'll be few more months until I can start". It's not going to happen.

I just need my ass graduated and there so then I have only one job and nothing else. But it seems like I'm too tired to even clean my place. This is the WRONG time to have 0 energy. Not now! I don't know how to kick myself in order for me to be able to function for the next 5 weeks or so in full hardcore mode. I have to find a place to live as well and move my stuff, too much things to do, too much. Even half would be a huge work load. This is near impossible. I don't know what to do, but people keep calling me "when this and when that". These days, I just say I don't know. LIke this is part of my schedule... yesterday, I did a business plan for this one old course. LIke a proper one. In 24h, it was done. That's how much things get done, but it still isn't enough. I hate going to work and I don't like my boss anyway, I don't want to see her at all. She's prolly going to yell me. I don't know how I'll react to that, I'm too tired. I might just brush it off. **** it. Just need to function for another 5 weeks, get up early, go to bed late and everything in between 100% war mode.

I'm having serious problems. I can't be bothered to go to grocery store. Too much work. And ****, now I have to go to that course thing I was talking about earlier. It'll be another brilliant night spent trying to keep awake. Get back home late at night. Clean my place up a bit. COntinue programming. Look at the thesis and lose control and go into rage mode. Read as much as possible about the theories I need to use in the article. Make 29 excuses for people why I can't get it done by the time I first said it woudl be done. Go to sleep. Wake up tired. Repeat 100000000.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

PEKKA!!!
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I can't stress this enough: I'm a bad ass warrior. I get things done. I work _fast_. I am efficient.

But I've been doing a lot of stuff up to this point already. I'm not going into this battle fresh. I'm tired now. I'm really really tired, I don't think it would even help to go some place nice for a week and just sleep, eat and hang around and do nothing. That wouldn't do crap at this point. I need like a... 1 month of total relaxing time. I'm slowing down and my head hurts all the time. I'm afraid to refresh to see if I've gotten any new e-mails. I don't want to know. I don't like when my phone rings, it might be someone who needs something from work or whatever, asking hwo things are advancing or why is some deadline not respected. I can't deal with it now. In fact I can't deal with other people right now.

Let's get it straight. I'm not sure if I'll make this one and if I do, I'm not sure how long it takes for me to get my energy back. Sometimes I feel like this is affecting my mental state. This all said, I have to do this and complete this, I have 5 weeks tops to do it. If I'll make this one, I'm taking a week off and go run to Thailand or soemthing with a champion belt on, naked.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I find that working out a few times a week gives me energy, it nice to be able to do something mostly mindless and involves something other than typing away a computer or sitting in meetings all day.
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Pat, sure. It's not the "normal" life that I have a problem with or the energy levels when that times is on. I'm going through rough times. In fact I can skip one day in the course I'm in and I'm taking it now. I can't manage to get anything meaningful done even when I'm skipping it today, but at least I can go to sleep earlier.
          In da butt.

Comment

Pekka's back
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I realize a normal approach to this would be, "forget about the work load. Just take it slwoly and do what you can, no one can ask for more. Don't burn yourself out, it's not worth it".

But this is where you and I differ. I've chosen my path. It's not about admiting that maybe I took too much work and it was a mistake. I don't have a problem realizing I've made a mistake. I make mistakes all the time and I know it, it's not a problem, I'm not afraid to make a mistake.

There exists a fact, it's an object that floats in the air. This fact states, that I have to complete all the tasks within the object before I can move forward. The timeline does not wait for me. I can either make it or miss the bus. I want to get in that bus, I want it badly. That's why I went to the interview, that's why I was so happy I made it, remember, the once in a lifetime, one in the million chance thing?

So should I just call them and say, "listen, I'm tired and I haven't taken any time off in a long time and I think I'm going to drop soon." .. No. They hired me. They took a chance with me, since they were looking for someone graduated the least or a doctor. I didn't even fit the requirement list. I told them that I'd make it. I promised them. They have to know that I'll make it, because they need to arrange things for me, a lot of them. In fact my future job was already marketed within the businesses we cooperate with. Ok? I sent info so this guy was promoting my future work, getting people interested in it.

So what, am I going to just call them and say listen, I think I overestimated what I can do. No. I have to make it. I have to, there's no alternatives that I would be satisfied with. Failing this would be the ultimate failure and I'd kick myself over this forever. I have to make this happen adn I have to work full war super mode but I'm just so tired.

I want them to understand that they really made a great choice with me. I don't want to be the guy with vague "yeah maybe next week" and never really tell anything exactly right and just kind of keep pushing the dates. You know? It's getting old already.

I want them to trust me. I can't put it into words how much I love the fact that I'm getting to go there and do the work I really do like. If I could pick one single thing, a subject, that I could work with... this woudl be it. OK, this is a real dream come true, this is everything to me now. I thought it was impossible, but I made it there. I wish they only knew how much I appreciate the opportunity. They can never understand it, but I hope they get a slight clue.

I considered maybe I'm afraid of change and my body is shutting down, but that's not it. I'm just freaking tired because I've worked hard for so long and I need a damn break buit I can't afford one right now.
              In da butt.

Comment

People that leave for ever actually never do...

You're all a bunch of Drama queens.

Reminds me of 7th grade.

Spec.
                -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I told I'd be back, but I have lots to do. Still do.
                  In da butt.

Comment

Pekka, did you ever think that having 2ish months *1 month* to write papers, do research, take courses, write a thesis, and get this all through beaucracy was maybe a bit too much?

I mean, I think that even 60% of that would be ambitious and a good job if done.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

People could at least do some "I'm returning" threads. It's all so confusing....
                      Blah

Comment

No, this is better. Nice to see you, Pekka.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

JM, I guess I'm so stupid that I think it was very easy. That's right.

I'm doing it out of necessity, not because I think it's fun.
                          In da butt.

Comment

If they are real courses, real research, real papers (not to mention real beaucracy), I don't think it is possible. Therefore obviously you shouldn't have made it necessary.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

No, they're joke papers, I just draw cartoons because I've got nothing better to do. You have no understanding of the situation what so ever.

You're no help. You're being an *******. Don't bother continuing with your worthless and negative input, I've got enough in my hands as it is without your crap. If I make it or not, it doesn't change the fact that I will never forget what you've said in this thread. I came for support and all you have is some smart ass comments that are of no help. You don't think I don't realize or didn't realize what kind of work load it is? Hey guess what, I also have to work every day as an added bonus. I don't know about you, but this is what is required for me to reach my goal and dream. So don't bother repeating your crap about not reaching it, you're worthless sack of **** right now.
                              In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X