No announcement yet.

Most-captured city?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of the cities in the Punjab, Mesopotamia and Afghanistan must have seen an awful lot of coming and going.

Delhi springs to mind immediately.
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I thought of Delhi, too. If we knew more about pre-Mauryan Delhi, or if its history wasn't complicated by the fact that it grew out of seven separate cities, it'd probably be up there.
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Another unlikely candidate: Winchester, Virginia

British -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA -> CSA -> USA
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Was CSA recognised by any meaningful country?
          Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
          Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
          Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

No

Comment

Originally posted by Saras
              Was CSA recognised by any meaningful country?
              Not yet.
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO

Not yet.
                Long Live the South!
                USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Will9

Long Live the South!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclotron

Darn, not as many as I'd hoped.
                    There are some more, but I'm still trying to work out the exact order and chronology.

There's the destruction of the settlement by the Akkadians, the conquest by the Hurrians and the Mitanni, and after Alexander's death it was supposed to be part of the kingdom of Antigonus, but was taken by the Seleucids, then the conquest by the short-lived Armenian Empire, after the toing and froing between the Umayyads and Abbasids and Tulunids there were the Hamdanids and Ortoghids and of course in the 20th Century it was part of Vichy France's overseas territories briefly.
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Will
                      I'd say Moscow is the least conquered of the old world. (also Constantinople has a few more from when it was Byzantium)

Rus-> Golden Horde-> Moscovy(later became Russia)-> Commies
                      You forgot Poles and Napoleon.
                      Novgorod sounds better.
                      Novgorod Republic -> Muscovy/Russia/USSR -> Nazis -> USSR/Russia.
                      Graffiti in a public toilet
                      Do not require skill or wit
                      Among the **** we all are poets
                      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X