No announcement yet.

How do you open and end your emails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's people I deal with often, I just start in on the topic.
    Otherwise I'll do a more formal start like 'HI'

Since most of mine are business, our company requires a specific form signature attached to all outgoing.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

For formal emails, I maintain the same style as with letters. For casual email, I open w/ addressing the person by his/her name, sometimes accompanied by "Hi" or "Hey". I close w/ my own name, sometimes accompanied by "Cheers" or "ktnxbye"

Comment

"ktnxbye"
        I think I would ***** slap anyone who used that in reference to me outside a message board.
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
          I open them by clicking on them
          First post. I'm impressed.

I was going to go the exact same route too when I saw the thread title. Sadly I was too slow.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I sign them off with my Poly sig.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Dauphin, leave your brain to science.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                I send "official" emails everyday. I open with the recipient's name unless I'm in the middle of an exchange with them and close with a prefab signature block that Lotus Notes applies to all of my emails.
                Do you agree with me that Lotus Notes sucks? It is slow, hard to use, doesn't follow several conventions (F5 is not refresh - it is log out ). It is very weird to me how so many companies got to install that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                  Do you agree with me that Lotus Notes sucks? It is slow, hard to use, doesn't follow several conventions (F5 is not refresh - it is log out ). It is very weird to me how so many companies got to install that thing.
                  It is slow, and it also has far, far too many useless buttons lying around. As far as it not conforming to conventions, I wouldn't know because I only use webmail myself.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    Dauphin, leave your brain to science.
                    Now or when I die?

Comment

Now. Its not like you have any use for it.

Spec.
                      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

One irritating thing - at work - is the number of people who send you e-mails but nowhere give their contact details.

A phone number after signing off is a useful courtesy.

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
                          Now. Its not like you have any use for it.

Spec.
                          I find it to be a useful paperweight for my body thank you very much.

Comment

if it's to one of my friends
                            hey... later/something silly

to an adult
                            hey... thanks, bye.

Comment

Working...
                            X