Dem Hopefulls on Foreign Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So?

What does that have to do with anything?
    It has everything to do with this argument. If Musharraf agreed, Bush didn't do exactly what Obama was talking about. What don't you understand?
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

He knew about it, not agreed with it.

If you note, that is exactly what Obama said, not that he wouldn't ask but that he would do it anyways.

Nice that he has painted himself in a corner, he has to bomb now despite any other factors.
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

He knew about it, not agreed with it.
        I don't see where it said that. The article clearly implies that Musharraf's formal protest was induced by public indignation.

Nice that he has painted himself in a corner, he has to bomb now despite any other factors.
        What "other factors" are you talking about? Because I only saw one - the stability of Musharraf's gov't.
        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
        -Bokonon

Comment

Actually Ramo, it says it was unclear whether they knew about it or not, so we are not even at the "did Musharraf agree to it" stage yet.

Because I only saw one - the stability of Musharraf's gov't.
          Theres a big one, but of no matter to Obama. And he said he would use troops, not airstrikes. Even better
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Now I know how Dauphin feels - nobody wants to be a spelling nazi
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Actually Ramo, it says it was unclear whether they knew about it or not, so we are not even at the "did Musharraf agree to it" stage yet.
              It doesn't say that he didn't agree either. Like I said, the implication of the article was that Musharraf protested only because of public outrage.

And he said he would use troops
              No, he didn't. He said he would "act."
              -Bokonon

Comment

And the point is that even IF Musharraf didn't agree, that hardly means that the earlier incident is beyond criticism.
                -Bokonon

Comment

And the point is that even IF Musharraf didn't agree, that hardly means that the earlier incident is beyond criticism.
                  Of course not, but not for the reasons Obama has.

If not, Pakistan would risk a troop invasion and the loss of hundreds of millions of dollars of US aid during an Obama presidency, the candidate said.
                  Troops.

Comment

Troops.
                    That was the reporter's interpretation of "act." Obama never said that.

Of course not, but not for the reasons Obama has.
                    Thanks for your opinion, but I'm not sure why I should care...
                    -Bokonon

Comment

I don't care if you care

Comment

Working...
                      X