Lefties are mentally ill and/or schizophrenics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm afraid I use my left hand for that.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
      Originally posted by General Ludd
      Originally posted by Kuciwalker
      And French researchers concluded that being left-handed could be an advantage in hand-to-hand combat.

Isn't that just because all the right-handed people train to face other right-handed people? Nothing intrinsic to left-handedness or its biology.

But still a complete advantage regardless.

No, it is because all the left-handed are trained against the right-handed, but the right-handed are not so thoroughly trained against the left-handed.
      Like I said, a complete advantage.

You might aswell say that being stronger than average isn't an advantage, because your openent could be trained to be even stronger still. Or, in other words, there is no such thing as an advantage, because there is a hypothetical counter to everything.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Game, set and match to Ludd.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

You're kidding, right?

Comment

Your assertion that there's nothing intrinsically advanteous to left-handedness in hand-to-hand is correct in a strictly physical sense, of course.

But in a real-world scenario, the training/practice advantage becomes critical. The fact that righties train (theoretically, on average) against lefties only 10% of the time, with the reverse being true for the lefties (obviously), puts a clear advantage to the left handers.

Note that the article states left-handedness "could be an advantage" in combat -- not that they are better fighters. The fact that this advantage may due to being a statistical anomaly (as opposed to strength, quickness, whatever) doesn't make it any less effective.

So no, not kidding.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I agree, however its only really relavent in duels or such, in a battle with people rushing all over the place its likely irrelevant. Its not like in the movies where they square off and use their skills to win...
              if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

A left-handed swordsman or axeman had an advantage in their era as the righties shield setup wards off right handers much better than lefties
                Wouldn't the shield setup of a left handed swordsman likewise be setup to block against a left hander ? Thus the only advantage being the said left hander would be more used to swinging sword vs sword whereas the right hander would have trained more sword vs shield.
                Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

I suspect that lefties would have mostly had to train themselves to use their right arm when fighting with sword and shield.

Because of the prevalence of shield wall tactics and their equivalent.

Comment

I'm sure all of this will be very useful the next time one of you is challenged to a duel.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                      I'm sure all of this will be very useful the next time one of you is challenged to a duel.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I'm mainly right-handed but eat with what's meant to be a left-handed set-up (fork in right hand) and bat in cricket (rounders for you Yanks) left-handed (right-hand closer to body/higher up stem).
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Doddler
                          left-handed (right-hand closer to body/higher up stem).
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                          X