Poland running out of people.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poland running out of people.

http://demographymatters.blogspot.com/ (scroll down)

sourced from here

Polish emigration to the UK and the Republic of Ireland since the May 2004 entry into the European Union has reached 500,000 to 2 mln people, research firm ARC said in a report out Thursday.

The firm's base-line estimate is of 750,000 Poles in the UK and a third of that in the Republic of Ireland.

Half the emigrants have no plans to return within four years.

"Only half of the emigrants have realistic plans to return to the country, that is they plan to return within four years," ARC Rynek i Opinia Vice-President Adam Czarnecki said.

The average Polish migrant to the UK is relatively young and well-educated. Three-quarters of the emigrants are in permanent employment with half of those performing skilled manual work.

A fifth of the total work in construction, while the hospitality industry is the second-biggest employer. Over-qualification is a common phenomenon, with as many as 22% of Poles in manual jobs in the UK holding university degrees.

"What seems worrying is that mostly educated young people around 30 years of age are leaving Poland," ARC's Czarnecki said. "That could in future have a negative impact on the Polish economy and the country's development."

Teh evil UK and Ireland are stealing Poles!

See, the Pope was right to tell them to shun condoms. If they had employed responsible birth control, Poland would be completely uninhabited by now.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

UK Aggressors Kidnapping Poles!!!
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Maybe they're anticipating the next German invasion?
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

somebody please take me too
          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
          Middle East!

Comment

but wait a minute, didn't our government estimate in 2004 that only 5,000 - 13,000 poles would come here every year...
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

The cheap labour is all ours! Ours I say! Ours!!!!!!!!!!!! MMMMMMmuuuuuuuuuhahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaARCHHHHHtzzzzzzz!

But you can keep Heresson, Mr Polish President.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney
                but wait a minute, didn't our government estimate in 2004 that only 5,000 - 13,000 poles would come here every year...
                Yes, but it has been conclusively proved that our government are morons...
                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS

Yes, but it has been conclusively proved that our government are morons...
                  Well, next time there are an election. you should consider voting different
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

\
                    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

They'll send billions of euros home to momma and then the Brits will cry!
                      Long time member @ Apolyton
                      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Yes, but then Poland will start to have a booming economy, and so the Poles will want to head home. Kinda like the Irish leaving America.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Yeah, where's Heresson when you want to make a casual, yet wounding, racist comment against the Polish people?
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                            You got the wrong person there. I was one of the people who thought Blair was a slimy piece of **** before he got elected in 1997...

And as someone who grew up under the evil depredations of the Thatcher years, for me to vote Tory someone would have to drag my lifeless, recently murdered body into the voting station and scrawl an 'x' with my cold, dead hands!

That just leaves the Lib Dems, who I have voted for ever since I was able to...
                            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS

You got the wrong person there. I was one of the people who thought Blair was a slimy piece of **** before he got elected in 1997...

And as someone who grew up under the evil depredations of the Thatcher years, for me to vote Tory someone would have to drag my lifeless, recently murdered body into the voting station and scrawl an 'x' with my cold, dead hands!

That just leaves the Lib Dems, who I have voted for ever since I was able to...
                              That means you have wasted your vote for years and with a change you can make a difference.

I guess that lots of folks here at Poly are willing to support you under such dire circumstances - especially if you choose the Tory option
                              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X