The Teutonic Order Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Teutonic Order Thread

This thread is devoted wholly to the glorious Teutonic Order.

So here's a little bit to get the party started.

Marienburg: the glorious headquarters of the Order

Hochmeister Hermann von Salza: one of their greatest Grand Masters

Battle of Tannenberg/Gruenwald: one of their most famous conflicts

The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Marienburg
    Malbork

The
    Teh
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Salza
      Salsa
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

"Schnell!"

That's a Teutonic order isn't it?

EDIT: ****, I knew something was wrong there - dyslexia must be kicking in!
        Last edited by MOBIUS; July 31, 2007, 16:13.
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS
          "Schell!"

That's a Teutonic order isn't it?
          Schnell!
          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
          And notifying the next of kin
          Once again...

Comment

Nice subject.

To what extent do you think reaction against the Teutonic order contributed to the repression of the Templars?
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Which reaction do you refer to? The only one I can think of is how they were driven out of Hungary during the 13th century because they tried to get own land there (before they had their state in eastern Europe), after they were initially welcome since they were fighting Cumans. But they were only expelled, not wiped out.

IIRC there was also some hostility from the established orders when the TO was still in the Holy Land, but that was nothing uncommon even between Templars and Hospitalers.
              Blah

Comment

I was thinking along the lines of how their state-building in Prussia panicked the rulers of the emerging states of Europe. Or am I confusing them with something else?
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Re: The Teutonic Order Thread

Originally posted by Alexander I

Battle of Tannenberg/Gruenwald: one of their most famous conflicts

PWND LOL HEADSHOT LOL!11!!!!1
                  Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                  Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                  Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                    I was thinking along the lines of how their state-building in Prussia panicked the rulers of the emerging states of Europe. Or am I confusing them with something else?

I only know they were close with HRE emperor Friedrich (Frederick) II. in the first half of the 13th century. If there were negative reactions from others then I don't know about that
                    Blah

Comment

Re: The Teutonic Order Thread

Originally posted by Alexander I
                      This thread is devoted wholly to the glorious Teutonic Order.

So here's a little bit to get the party started.

Marienburg: the glorious headquarters of the Order

OMG, you didn't post this in the classy castles thread!!! blasphemer!
                      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
                      X