No announcement yet.

US looses $10 billion on Saudi arms deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hezbollah only started launching their rockets at major civilian targets after the Israelis started their massive strikes...

Also Hezbollah was responsible - not the Lebanese nation as a whole!
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Where Israel is concerned, that is a statement open to conjecture...

What an incredibly douchey thing to write.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

Sorry, but that's the way I feel these days...

Apart from a very small minority, it seems the entire nation these days has subscribed to the notion that they can do what the **** they like to their 'neighbours'. You know, ethnic cleansing, theft of land, random killings of civilians etc...

Comment

Y'know, they could just not have invaded Iraq, and given the Saudis and Israelis twice as much, and spent the rest on fixing world hunger.

People would sure feel different about the US if that had happened.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Or even properly seeing Afghanistan through, you know maybe actually capturing or killing Bin Laden when he was at Tora Bora, breaking the back of Al Qaeda even...?

Maybe then the US wouldn't have been so reluctant to do something about Darfur, where a genocide is happening, to quote GWB...

Comment

B-B-B-But Republicans like genocide...

...it gives them one more thing to blame liberals for.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
                It makes perfect sense. We're arming the Israelis because they're worried about us arming the Saudis. And we're arming the Saudis because they're worried about us arming Iranian proxies in charge of Iraq. And we're arming these Iranian proxies (who recently demanded us to fire Petraeus) to combat sectarian violence, principally coming from Arab Nationalist Sunni Arabs. And we're arming recently anti-government Sunni Arabs to help suppress AQ in Mesopatamia. We're also working with the Turks to suppress the PKK because they're worried about us arming Kurds. Incidentally, we're also arming a wing of the PKK to combat Iran.

And obviously, nothing could possibly go wrong here. I mean, the one thing that the Middle East is missing are weapons....
                That's a wonderful summary!

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS
                  Sorry, but that's the way I feel these days...

Apart from a very small minority, it seems the entire nation these days has subscribed to the notion that they can do what the **** they like to their 'neighbours'. You know, ethnic cleansing, theft of land, random killings of civilians etc...
                  Come on MOBIUS. That still does not make it right to cheer about people getting blown up. Be them Israeli or Palestinian/Lebanese.

However, I do agree that the bottom line of the Israeli foreign policy is what you described as "doing what the **** they like to" to their neighbours
                  "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                    I seem to remember something about rockets...
                    You seem to have a very selective memory.

Comment

and spent the rest on fixing world hunger.
                      And you think Iraq is a waste of money?

You seem to have a very selective memory.
                      You seem to have lost yours.
                      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis

You know, inside those tanks are human beings ?

Yes, human beings who are in there for the purpose of killing other human beings.

Your point?
                        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

And you think Iraq is a waste of money?
                          Since you are taking an almight ass-whoopin', I should think so.

What is it with you? Why is it when someone in authority calls for the maiming and killing of other human beings, that you seem to become an aroused yes man?

What would your country actually have to do for you to object?

And why is your nick the name of Achilles' catamite?
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

You seem to have lost yours.
                            Nice way to avoid / completely miss the point, Jack !

Comment

What is it with you? Why is it when someone in authority calls for the maiming and killing of other human beings, that you seem to become an aroused yes man?
                              Actually Aggie, the correct way to read my statment would be that trying to solve world hunger by throwing money at it is a waste, as well.

To the unrelated barb above, it is important for you to distiguish when I actually advocate a course of action and simply don't jump on the hysterical/exageration/Big Brother band wagon.

Nice way to avoid / completely miss the point, Jack !
                              When you figure out mine, I might be inclined to care about yours.
                              Last edited by Patroklos; July 31, 2007, 16:09.
                              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

And why is your nick the name of Achilles' catamite?
                                I think I told you this once before?

When I first started using the internet as a kid I was reading the Illiad. I thought he was an interesting character.

Comment

Working...
                                X