The obligatory Harry Potter 7 thread with spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LordShiva
    Also, Neville had just inexplicably come free from a spell that had bound him and set him on fire, and pulled teh sword out of the hat (which had also been on fire) that teh hat somehow stole from teh goblin, and had cut off teh head of Voldemort's last surviving (and unprotected) horcrux.
    Voldemort's power over the good guys was weakened when Harry sacrificed himself to to save them, a la Lily. At least, that's the message I got.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordShiva
      WhyTF is "food" one of teh five things that magic can't create. That's so lame. If you're a vegetarian, do you get to create a cheezburger?
      Now we know what Harry did for a living afterward. Not an Auror.

He moved to Brooklyn and opened the most popular kosher restaurant in the world.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• various:

1. I knew Snape wouldnt turn out bad. I think the Snape ending though, was a bit too pat. I wanted Snape to be somewhat more complex - to have been a bit more "bad". Instead Snape is completely "good" after Lily's death, despite some dislike of Harry, and some resentment at DD's secrecy.

2. I knew Harry would live, cause for him not to would ruin the "coming of age story"

3. I liked the earlier parts of the story, the meeting at the Malfoys, the battle on the broomsticks, the wedding,etc. The camping was necessary, could have been tightened up a bit. The ending felt somewhat rushed, like a lot of checking of boxes. The triumph of Neville, the deaths of Fred, Remus and Tonks, etc could have used more time.

4. I dont think Harry actually died. His soul was transformed, and the part of Vold inside him destroyed, but he refused death, at "Kings Cross".

5. I dont mind the deus ex machina stuff, even where it occurs. Ive never really seen this as "hard fantasy" where the world has to completely make sense. Ive always seen it as a coming of age story with a magical overlay.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
        X