The obligatory Harry Potter 7 thread with spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing that baffles me:

How did Neville (Christ Almighty, how I love Neville) get the sword? Didn't Griphook make off with it?
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
      I thought that 2 main characters were going to snuff it in book 7. If so, who was #2?
      Here follows, in no particular order, a list of characters killed in The Deathly Hallows. There are likely others that I forgot to include.

Spoiler:

Voldemort
      Severus Snape
      Rufus Scrimgeour
      Hedwig
      Mad-Eye Moody
      Dobby
      Remus Lupin
      Nypmhadora Tonks
      Ted Tonks
      Fred Weasley
      Peter Pettigrew
      Gregorovitch
      Grindelwald
      Vincent Crabbe
      Colin Creevy
      Charity Burbage
      Bellatrix Lestrange (suspected, unconfirmed)
      at least 50 other unnamed characters, including Hogwarts Professors, Order of the Phoenix members, and members of Dumbledore's Army
      Last edited by Guynemer; July 28, 2007, 14:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
        One thing that baffles me:

How did Neville (Christ Almighty, how I love Neville) get the sword? Didn't Griphook make off with it?
        The Sorting Hat grabbed it back.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.â€
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Doh! Can't believe I missed that.

I was quite surprised, and a bit disappointed, that two particular OOTP/DA vs. DE duels that seemed pre-ordained never came to pass.

Spoiler:

Neville vs. Bellatrix
          Remus vs. Fenrir

Comment

So if Harry and Hermione can traipse around the country chanting little spells that hide them, and if anyone can put a little hiding charm around their house, whyTF did Voldemort leave his horcuruxi lying around for anyone to pick up?
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
              So if Harry and Hermione can traipse around the country chanting little spells that hide them, and if anyone can put a little hiding charm around their house, whyTF did Voldemort leave his horcuruxi lying around for anyone to pick up?
              Cause Voldy would need any potential followers or other random folks to bring him back. Remember the diary semi-possessing Ginny? Voldemort would have been brought back to life if Harry hadn't dropped into the CoS.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.â€

Comment

So he could've left one unguarded. Most of them were hidden such that he didn't want anyone to ever find them.
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

The Sorting Hat grabbed it back.
                  You have an explanation for everything, don't you? Its lame, BTW
                  Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                    So he could've left one unguarded. Most of them were hidden such that he didn't want anyone to ever find them.
                    He could have told someone where they were when he knew he had a loyal enough follower. He hadn't told anyone where they were before his first death since he didn't think he was close to death and that he wasn't sure who to trust.
                    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                    The video may avatar is from

Comment

• Originally posted by nostromo
                      You have an explanation for everything, don't you? Its lame, BTW
                      Well, it isn't like the Sorting Hat hasn't done it before .

Originally posted by Will9
                      He could have told someone where they were when he knew he had a loyal enough follower. He hadn't told anyone where they were before his first death since he didn't think he was close to death and that he wasn't sure who to trust.
                      True... as was proven when the AK spell backfired on him the first time, he didn't really have anyone he could really trust. Then again, we don't know if he told Bellatrix, who wouldn't be able to do anything because she was in Azkaban.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Well, it isn't like the Sorting Hat hasn't done it before .
                        How convenient that it could do it again, snatching it out of the bewildered hands of some goblin somewhere, delivering it to a kid who'd been bound and burned by a powerful wizard's spell but who somehow came free so that he could cut off the head of Voldemort's last surviving horcrux that he had been protecting in an impenetrable bubble (unlike any of the others) but had then chosen to unprotect for some reason.

Comment

• J.K Rowling loves deus ex machinas. Someone should have told her that its bad writing.
                          Last edited by Nostromo; July 25, 2007, 21:28.
                          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

• Originally posted by LordShiva

How convenient that it could do it again, snatching it out of the bewildered hands of some goblin somewhere, delivering it to a kid who'd been bound and burned by a powerful wizard's spell but who somehow came free so that he could cut off the head of Voldemort's last surviving horcrux that he had been protecting in an impenetrable bubble (unlike any of the others) but had then chosen to unprotect for some reason.
                            "Only a true Gryffindor could have pulled that out of the hat." There is no doubt that Neville embodies the very best of the traits of Gryffindor.

Riddle had released the snake from the cage because he believed she was no longer in danger, as he believed Harry to be dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by nostromo
                              J.K Rowling loves deus ex machinas. Someone should have told her that its bad writing.
                              It is magical though. She goes for magical over other realism, or the rules of literature, and that is what gives her books that special quality.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
                                "Only a true Gryffindor could have pulled that out of the hat." There is no doubt that Neville embodies the very best of the traits of Gryffindor.
                                Yeah but the goblin had it.

Originally posted by Guynemer
                                Riddle had released the snake from the cage because he believed she was no longer in danger, as he believed Harry to be dead.
                                It's still stupid. If you were teh master of teh world and believed that teh only thing that could bring you down was someone killing teh last bit of your soul after all teh others had been destroyed, you'd probably want to keep it safe, or at least not parade it around in front of a castle full of your enemies.
                                Last edited by LordShiva; July 25, 2007, 22:08.

Comment

Working...
                                X