Philippine marines gonna get some.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philippine marines gonna get some.

The Manila Times is one of the leading national broadsheets in the Philippines. It is also one of the oldest, having been founded in 1898.

Going to get messy. The extreme southern part of the Phils is moslem, the rest catholic, the marines are catholic, the guys that murdered 10 of their number are moslem seperatists.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

The Moro Islamic Liberation Front has admitted its fighters had taken part in the battle in Tipo-Tipo town, but denied that they beheaded 10 of the killed soldiers.

The military has given the MILF until Sunday midnight to surrender its fighters who ambushed the Marines.

lol MILF LOL
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Monday is the day. They are 16 hours ahead of us so Sunday night here, I think.

Comment

Hunting season opens?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I just hope they think things out and don't try to bum rush them. But yeah, hunting season opens.

Comment

Well, we'll see. Philippine soldiers are paid so poorly that they've been known to sell their weapons and ammo to the jihadist in the south (and to the communist rebels up north). They're not exactly "the few, the proud."
            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

BTW, what's distressing about the murder/beheadings of the marines -- beyond the very fact of it, obviously -- is that it happened on the island of Basilan; US "hearts and minds" efforts in Basilan are someething we've pointed to for several years as a model successful counterterrorism effort in the region (Google "Basilan model" for more info). This is a big setback for the US as well as the Phils.
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I don't think things are really that bad Rufus. The soldiers I've talked to there are tough and motivated. Now, with the bloody murder of ten of their own, the marines are going to be very motivated. That's why the MILF said yes, they fought the battle but gee, we don't remember cutting anyones head off. Usually the moslem fanatics are proud of such stuff, now they're scared.

Comment

"MILF digs in for an all-out war in Basilan"

The Manila Times is one of the leading national broadsheets in the Philippines. It is also one of the oldest, having been founded in 1898.

Comment

"President’s guards join Basilan troops"

Everybody wants to get some.

Comment

I agree with Lord Shiva, they need to change their name.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I never said that.
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Fine, I don't agree with Lord Shiva, they need to change their name.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I don't agree with DaShi. They need to keep their name, and engage in extensive merchandising efforts.

Comment

They should keep the name. Not much carving on the tombstone.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X