Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You name the candidate and I'll tell you why I can't vote for them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok then: Bloomberg
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Bruce Springsteen.

Comment

Who is Bloomberg? Any affiliations with the World Jewish Conspiracy?

Springsteen is too gay.

SnOOpy, Arnie is pro abortion iirc.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
          Who is Bloomberg? Any affiliations with the World Jewish Conspiracy?

Springsteen is too gay.

SnOOpy, Arnie is pro abortion iirc.
          Per wiki:

Michael Rubens Bloomberg (born 14 February 1942) is an American businessman, philanthropist, and the founder of Bloomberg L.P., currently serving as the Mayor of New York City. He was a general partner at Salomon Brothers before founding the financial software service company in 1981. Although a lifelong Democrat, he ran on the Republican ballot and was elected mayor in 2001, and was reelected to a second term in 2005. He is frequently mentioned as a possible independent candidate for the 2008 presidential election and fueled that speculation when he left the Republican Party in June 2007.
          Bloomberg's been a very successful mayor of New York -- kind of like Rudy without the facism -- and recently switched party affiliations from GOP to independent. He's also a gazillionaire, so he doesn't owe anybody anything and isn't in anybody's pocket. I probably wouldn't vote for him, but he is non-partisan, independent, and a fiscal conservative, which seems to be what you're looking for (he's probably pro-choice, though).
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Interesting. However for me whoever it is must be pro life. That said, the ones who have been elected just gave it lip service. What the politicos say doesn't seem to matter much anymore. Which is the one common ground they all have in, umm, common.

Comment

Grouch Marx
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Can't have a smoker in the white house, stink the place up. Think Bill Clinton's humidor. I hear it still smells like tuna.

Comment

Lancer
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Complete nutball

Comment

Working...
                    X