Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You name the candidate and I'll tell you why I can't vote for them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dauphin

Over 200 years and you still don't have representation.
    Um, yeah, I think we got that part figured out. Why else do the brits do whatever we tell them to?
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Can we get Arnie in?

I wouldn't mind.

Would you mind Lancer?
      be free

Comment

Jesus Christ
        A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Mike Huckabee
          USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
          The video may avatar is from

Comment

Stalin
            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
            Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Pat Paulson
              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369

Um, yeah, I think we got that part figured out. Why else do the brits do whatever we tell them to?
                The Brits just got you thinking that what they were doing and making you do was what you wanted to do all along. [/Ned]
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Lazy, undistinguished Senator who accomplished nothing of note during his Senate tenure and openly complained while in office that he found the work of government boring. Just what we need: W, but with tv-ready charisma.
                  Lazy? I agree with the undestinguished, but then no Senator really sticks out, 'cept Clinton and that's cause she's a black sheep and an idiot. Also, I don't see him as a W since he has gone against the grain many times to stand up for what he believes. And, leaders are choosen, if he finds political work 'boring' than he's the one I want.

I'm with Fred.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Heh. The one thing I wouldn't call Hillary is an idiot.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

"generalized insult"
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                        Lazy? I agree with the undestinguished, but then no Senator really sticks out, 'cept Clinton and that's cause she's a black sheep and an idiot. Also, I don't see him as a W since he has gone against the grain many times to stand up for what he believes. And, leaders are choosen, if he finds political work 'boring' than he's the one I want.

I'm with Fred.
                        No senator really sticks out? You sure about that? There have been quite a few distinguished senators in our nation's history. People that have done amazing stuff. Let me tell you. Well, I'm having trouble coming up with names right now, but I'll get back to you. Maybe something will come to me.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Yep, Thompson was a back bencher who didn't come up with legislation of any note in his eight years in the Senate. He was also a DC lobbyist for a couple decades, reportedly Nixon's mole in the Watergate hearings, and basically a party-line conservative during his Senate tenure (besides campaign finance reform).
                          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                          -Bokonon

Comment

A president who does nothing at all sounds pretty good right about now.
                            Long time member @ Apolyton
                            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                              A president who does nothing at all sounds pretty good right about now.
                              When presidents do nothing -- when they actually find governing boring -- its just license for their underlings to run amok. See Grant, Harding, and the current chimp in chief.
                              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Perhaps that's correct Rufus. We need someone that doesn't belong to anybody.
                                Long time member @ Apolyton
                                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                                X