Explain Your Avatar Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explain Your Avatar Thread

There have been alot of avatar changes since the last thread on this topic, so time for a new one.

Mine is Stephen Colbert, from when he was on the Daily Show, about to eat a banana.
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

You can't make me.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
      You can't make me.
      Why not? Since you have no flag, it looks like the NationStates icon is your avatar.
      USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
      The video may avatar is from

Comment

Man. I haven't looked at my nationstates account in years. It's probably been deleted.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I asked someone to adapt mine for Christmas.
          B♭3

Comment

Sans Santa and rotated ninety degrees, your avatar was my background for a long time.

Comment

Mine is Mr. Horse from Ren & Stimpy . Probably one of the best characters in cartoon history.

His famous words are: "Hmmmmm" (pondering), and "Nope, sir, I don't like it" (in response to a journalists question on how does it feel to drop on the ground from 20 floors).

Comment

Mr. Morden, associate of the Shadows.

Ya know, "Apache", "F.B.I",.. Acoustic rock.

Jeje2 would have liked my avatar...
                Last edited by Tattila the Hun; July 17, 2007, 16:23.
                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Its a Zombie, her name is Samara.

Why?

Cuz shes HOT!!!!

Spec.
                  -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Adams. John Adams. Patriot, lawyer, defender of the accused british soldiers of the Boston Massacre, author (in large part) of the Massachusetts Constitution, advocate for independence, chair of the Continental Congress war committee, signer of the Declaration, diplomat, first VP of the US, second POTUS, essayist, thinker, etc, etc.

Someone with a bent for rational thinking, but also a temper.
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

You mean he wasn't somehow Jewish?
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                        Adams. John Adams. Patriot, lawyer, defender of the accused british soldiers of the Boston Massacre, author (in large part) of the Massachusetts Constitution, advocate for independence, chair of the Continental Congress war committee, signer of the Declaration, diplomat, first VP of the US, second POTUS, essayist, thinker, etc, etc.

Someone with a bent for rational thinking, but also a temper.
                        But not a Brewer.

Comment

Id be dishonest if I didnt mention that he did say some positive things about the Jews, but then there are SO many Adams quotes.

He himself was a Unitarian, of "puritan" stock. Not an Atheist, not a fundie.

note, i link to the following ONLY because you asked.

Last edited by lord of the mark; July 17, 2007, 16:36.
                          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael

But not a Brewer.
                            no, but he was a farmer. and a drinker.

"In May 1777 sea lanes were constrained, and Adams was deprived of his favorite alcoholic beverages [1e], with Madeira wine possibly near the top of the list [2e]. From Philadelphia, Adams wrote to his wife in Massachusetts:
                            I would give three guineas for a barrel of your cyder. Not one drop of it to be had here for gold, and wine is not to be had under sixty-eight dollars per gallon, and that very bad. I would give a guinea for a barrel of your beer. A small beer here is wretchedly bad. In short, I am getting nothing that I can drink, and I believe I shall be sick from this cause alone. Rum is forty shillings a gallon, and bad water will never do in this hot climate in summer where acid liquors are necessary against infection [1e].
                            This note reminds us that bad water was a major threat to life in the 18th century, and that alcohol might then have been the healthier alternative"

Comment

My girlfriend's lips.
                              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
                              X