• Time
  • Show
Clear All

As an American capitalist I will sell my vote on ebay
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Caveat emptor.
      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

As I understand it the five leading contenders are:

Hilary Clinton;

Barack Obama;

John Edwards;

Bill Richardson; and

Joseph Biden.

However I know nothing of their policies. Any chance of a sentence or two as to the platform on which each stands?

Comment

Originally posted by East Street Trader

However I know nothing of their policies. Any chance of a sentence or two as to the platform on which each stands?
          Corporatism

Corporatism

Corporatism

Corporatism

Corporatism

There you go.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

I'm hoping for Fred Thompson
            Monkey!!!

Comment

I don't have a strong preference on the Democratic side. Barack Obama seems ok, so I guess him, but he is a bit too polished.

On the republican side they are all a bunch a crooks, except for Ron Paul. I don't agree with many of his conservative views, but he does have integrity.
              http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Originally posted by Thue
                On the republican side they are all a bunch a crooks,
                And so are the democrats
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Thue

On the republican side they are all a bunch a crooks, except for Ron Paul. I don't agree with many of his conservative views, but he does have integrity.
                  He's also unelectable.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Obama.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

Osama.
                      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Barack
                        mssv.net - After Our Time - Six to Start

Comment

Hilary Clinton;

Barack Obama;

John Edwards;

Bill Richardson; and

Joseph Biden.

Only a few presidential hopefuls have explained their stance, and all are in the single digit range.

Comment

Hilary Clinton;

Barack Obama;

John Edwards;

Bill Richardson; and

Joseph Biden.

Clinton and Biden are both associated with the Democratic Leadership Committee, which tends toward "Third Wayist" principles - social ends, through market means. Though DLC is US style third wayism, and is more market oriented, and less welfare oriented, than Blairism. Clinton however has old ties to some folks on the welfare-childrens poverty left, and is seen as further left than typical of DLCers due to her lead role in support of universal health care in the 90's. OTOH some of her old povery lefty support disagreed with her support for welfare reform. Shes also seen by some as too close to the pro-dem elements of the US businsess community (high tech, certain Investment banks) and of course is widely disliked by the for policy left for her support for the invasion of Iraq, which she has tried to distance herself from. Biden is similar, occasionally has seemed a tad to the right of Hilary, but has so little support it probably doesnt matter.

Richardson was a member of Clintons cabinet, and as far as I know is similar on issues, but having been both a cabinet member, and a governor, claims greater "real" experience. Not having been in the Senate in 2003, he didnt have to cast a vote on Iraq.

Edwards is running a more classically social dem-labor-populist campaign, focusing on trade, poverty, corporations, etc.

Obama doesnt seem to be focusing on traditional social issues. Hes favored by some on the left for his A. Process progressivism - he is seen as most aggressive against the influence of money and interest groups on politics and B. He was earliest against the Iraq war of any of the major Dems

The split of "process liberals" vs "pocket book liberals" is not new in the US. Obama is the former, Edwards the later, Hilary a more moderate, Thirdwayish version of the latter. Even Harold Myerson of the left leaning American Prospect has noted that in some ways, Edwards and Clinton have more in common with each other (despite obvious ideological differences) than with Obama.
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I need a volunteer from the audience.
                              A non-USA poster that will keep up with the people's vote, truthfully.

Uh, Harrison? That leaves you out, buddy.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Why do you keep making an example of me?
                                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                                X