Post your watch and how much you payed for it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My watch? You mean my cell phone?
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuken
      because belts are cool, just like a watch can be cool. what's wrong with you people
      QFT

I always wear a belt. It just completes the outfit... and I can hang my phone from my belt clip far easier .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Hon
        @chronos - my dad got it for me when I turned 11 and started at secondary school, which was interesting because it was way too big for me. The nice thing, though, is that I intend to wear it for as long as I can - most of my friends have gone through a bunch of different watches during that time and have probably ended up spending more. Good robust analog watches
        Yep... it's quite a brilliant watch. I would wear for as long as I can as well.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Okay, here's the watch I was talking about. When I first saw it in 1997, the price was about HK$11,000. I bought it in 2000 for $5,400 which is about $700, not $900 as I said previously. (although I don't think that will make a difference to some people here.)

It may well become a collector's item because Omega only made these watches for four years, not that I'm planning on selling it.

A beautifully designed and crafted watch.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Tingkai; July 16, 2007, 07:19.
          Golfing since 67

Comment

I have a solar powered casio pro trek with things like a compass, barometer and altimeter etc, it was top of the range when my gf got it about a year and a half ago...
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio

Why would you want to wear a belt when the pants fit?
              Style or fashion-- Why would one ever wear a necktie?

And why would you buy some pants that doesn't fit?
              I buy pants to fit but I have found my waist size can fluctuate over the life of a pair of pants

Also here I find many pant styles only come out in increments of two inches. IF your waist size is 32 and a quarter, a 32 might be too snug-- the 34 is a little loose and a belt is great.

I actually like belts and think that a guy looks sharper with than without one
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

If your pants have belt loops, you should be wearing a belt.

That shows up in the advice columns of evey men's mag at least once a year.
                "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I don't wear a watch, and I hardly ever care what time it is... unless I want to watch something on TV

I always wear a belt, because my waist line fluctuates a lot for some reason.

I even wear a belt with my swimsuit
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
                    Style or fashion
                    Style? Fashion? What does that have to do with a belt? People wearing a belt automatically looks at least 10 years older

Originally posted by Flubber
                    Why would one ever wear a necktie?
                    I have no idea. For the same reason clowns wear clown-outfit? To look like a joke?
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I've accumulated 4 watches. 2 citizens, a timex and a swatch. They were all purchased by someone else. The citizens and the timex I think were all in the $50-$75 range. I've no idea what the Swatch cost.

edit: somewhere I have a Russian watch that I bought off a street vendor in Moscow (probably for about $5). Trouble is it doesn't keep time accurately, which is why it's in a drawer someplace.

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

that also probably explains why Russia still thinks it's 1989!
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Style? Fashion? What does that have to do with a belt?
                          Quite a bit. The accessories pull one's clothes together.

People wearing a belt automatically looks at least 10 years older
                          Not really. People not wearing a belt automatically look like they don't care to look presentable. Try going to a job interview or getting into a nightclub without one.
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Depends on the night club, to be fair. Belts and jeans are not quite eggs and bacon.

Comment

Woot... new watch!

Bulova 96G75

Paid about $200 for it (oh, and it looks much sharper in natural light).

Comment

I've got a Seiko kinetic that I've had since 1976. I guess it's an antique now and I have no idea what its worth. I dont wear it, there are clocks everywhere including on cell phones.
                                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                                X