X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass exodus

A few people left.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• A few came back. All in all we're the poorer for both.
      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Not really.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Becomes a matter of perspective I suppose.
          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Don't worry guys, I'm still here.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

• Comment

• Perhaps I explained myself poorly. Suppose you have a pile of nice white sugar. Then, amazingly that sugar turns to a steaming pile of ****. Then, it turns back to sugar, but now it's BROWN sugar. You have to wonder, yes?

Does she shave? Share with me why that would matter.
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• cuz hairy girls are GROSSS, duh.

Comment

• I'm with Lancer.

And b eator for that matter.
                    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• WTF, did Pekka and Oerdin leave ???

I didn't leave myself, I just took a long break for real life, but now I have a vacation and have the time to surf again.

Speaking for myself, it took over a year from when I first lurked the CIV 3 forums and read strategy hints by Velocirux, Arrian, MarkG and a lots of others I can't even remember the name of, until I started to post in the OTF.

The very reason I joined the OTF was to discuss with Americans about the Iraq war. There are surely a million OTFs on the web, but the Apolyton OTF seemed appropriate, given the roughly 50/50 USA/[rest of world] members of the site an the relatively high level of education for civ players, compared to, let's say Counterstrike players. And here I met all those hot-headed chicken-hawks who claimed invading Iraq was such a great idea: Oerdin, Ted Striker, Fez (who changed name after I pointed out his nick meant "fart" in Swedish), Ned, etc. Now some of them have switched sides and all of them have left.
                      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

• Originally posted by b etor
                        cuz hairy girls are GROSSS, duh.
                        Smelly males are hairier
                        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

• yea, but hair on guys there is ok.

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; April 26, 2011, 21:15.
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Comment

• “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X