No announcement yet.

What is healthy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you frequently arrive late at your job because of it and get fired, if your grades plunge because of it, if you don't take care of yourself or the people around because of it

That's WAY too much. One's red flag should go up before reaching such a situation.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I didn't mean it that way. They were examples
      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Spelling faults like that in the poll title isn't healthy

If you are at the level that Nostromo describes, you could just as well drink a bottle of vodka daily - btw. hope you're not a mixed abuser.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo

When is gaming too much? When it disrupts your life. For example,

- if you use it as an escape mechanism instead of getting a life...

Edited for clarity
          Aren't all games essentially an escape mechanism? "Disrupts your life" (in any way) is a sure sign of addiction. Addictions, aka life disruptors, are always unhealthy. I voted: for the "so you have time for everything else" option.
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

you don't want to know how much time I spend now. When I was working it was probably less than 20 hours a week. Now...

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
              I was doing it before him

JM
              I beat both of you, I've been known to have 4 posts in a row. Usually when quoting different people.

Comment

- or if you use it as an escape mechanism instead of getting a life...
                I admit I do this. But I tried the life thing, it didn't work. . I'd rather play computer games.

Comment

Aren't all games essentially an escape mechanism?
                  Yes.

Originally posted by Dis

I admit I do this. But I tried the life thing, it didn't work. . I'd rather play computer games.
                  You're not being very nice to your mother. Based on what you've told about her to us, she's desperate for seeing some little Dis-babies, and you aren't providing
                  Last edited by RGBVideo; July 14, 2007, 07:32.

Comment

Working...
                  X