Yet another useless study: women prefer men with big muscles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another useless study: women prefer men with big muscles

you hear it here first. Usually the English do these useless studies, but this one is american.

now tell me something I don't already know.

The Metro (free newspaper in england) has a funny little section like this where it lists useless studies done with things usually along the lines of "Bad drivers crash more often then good ones".

He said prior studies concluded a man's desirability was influenced more by his earning potential
    I think the first study is more true.
    Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

women
      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
      Middle East!

Comment

The article actually doesn't say what the title seems to imply:

Women were more physically attracted to brawny men, especially for a fling. But when it comes to finding a long-term partner, they tend to pick a regular man over a mate with huge biceps.

And this:

He and colleagues interviewed 99 male undergraduates about their sexual histories. Muscular men were twice as likely to have had more than three sex partners than less-built types.

sounds to me more like men who work out are more promiscuous, not like women are more attracted to them (except for a "fling" as my first quote said).
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Or that men who work out are more likely to make up sexual histories to cover for the latent homosexuality that drove them to hang out at the gym with sweaty guys all day.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator

He and colleagues interviewed 99 male undergraduates about their sexual histories. Muscular men were twice as likely to have had more than three sex partners than less-built types.
            If they conclude from this that women are more attracted to muscular guys, then it's a shoddy research.
            There are many more possible explanations.
            Elok's for example, or that the causality goes the other way, that is guys who date more tend to want bigger muscles, etc etc..

Comment

We are not We like to date them cause they make us look good but when it comes to settling down their out the door. They spend way to much time in the gym and not enough time on us
              Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
              Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
              Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
              You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                women
                Hadn't you stopped to speculate about the weirdness of women
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

This story is amazing. Next we may discover that, besides large muscles, women prefer men with large ***** as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                    Or that men who work out are more likely to make up sexual histories to cover for the latent homosexuality that drove them to hang out at the gym with sweaty guys all day.
                    Spot on
                    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Maybe the guys who have the most free time are single guys who also have the time to date. Plus maybe working out increase a guy's self confidence, so they approach more women, and get more dates.

Comment

I wonder if that's why Arnold always wanted to "pump you up"
                        Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                        Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                        Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                        You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

@ this news
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I can confirm that study.

I usually get more woman than most other men.

Spec.
                            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

You get stupid women; and there are lots of them.

Here in Singapore it is easy for me (a caucasian) to attract women, most of them are thinking of $$.

What's ironic about this world for me is that girls who think they're ugly don't want to be with guys they find good looking because they feel uncomfortable having a guy better looking than them; so they do everything to lose weight, get a tan, be sporty, etc, and sadly, the same girl who I would once be attracted to, am now completely unattracted to.

A bit frustrating, but no biggie, as I am not interested in a relationship, I like to be free.
                              be free

Comment

Working...
                              X