No announcement yet.

Do you wear a tie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've stopped wearing ties to work now, unless I'm briefing ministers that day.

Comment

Well, the call centre where I work could require staff to wear a shirt and tie to work - but the place would be kind of empty if they did.
      Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

When meeting important customers, attending interviews, eating in fancy restaurants, and appearing in front of magistrates.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Very rarely, and I try to avoid it where possible. I think Richard Branson has the right idea
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Only when necessary and fortunately that's not too often. Business casual is bad enough.
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov

rank?
              corps?
              just a guess but it looks like officer cadet (I see no pips) and maybe gunner or engineer (pic is blurry)
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

No, he works for the US State Department, he's stationed in Singapore.
                In the Embassy? That place is like a fortress.
                be free

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py

In the Embassy? That place is like a fortress.
                  Yep. It's the second grimmest place I've been to in Singapore; the first is Changi Prison (official business, I swear; I'm not interesting enough to get arrested). Actually, the embassy is rather nice, if sterile, on the inside -- but it still feels like they found the plans for it in Mussolini's reject box.
                  "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

You had me suspicious for a while Rufus, you just seemed a little too intelligent for the average Singaporean So I assumed for a while you were high up in the Singaporean Parliament.

So what do you do exactly? Help direct Americans who can't find Orchard Road?

Sorry for Threadjack.
                    be free

Comment

Immigration issues here, though that's a change from what I usually do; I took this job so my kid would have a good school.
                      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                      X