Do you wear a tie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you wear a tie?

There used to be a time I'd always wear a tie to work, and so would everyone else. These days I only wear one for client meetings or interviews or to look smart at weddings and the like.

Is the tie going the way of the suit hat?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

your avatar has a tie in it

I never wear a tie, but I'm not an office worker either...

only to interviews.

Comment

I only wear ties when absolutely necessary. I'd rather wear a hat.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

no

Comment

Kuci, your sig line looks like you're offering Asher around.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I don't want a free Asher...

And yes, I started to wear a tie for about a year now because it looks good. Finally getting rid of the '70's
            Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
            And notifying the next of kin
            Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              I only wear ties when absolutely necessary. I'd rather wear a hat.
              Stetson?

I used to have a cork hat. They was cool.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

This should have been a poll - only wears it when nessecary.
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Even a fedora would be preferred over a tie. Never worn a fedora, still...
                  A sombrero would be cumbersome. I can imagine trying to drive.

Comment

I was under the impression this thread was about ties, not hats. Had I known you would jack your own thread I wouldn't have posted here
                    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                    And notifying the next of kin
                    Once again...

Comment

I wore a tie at my first couple of jobs, then went business casual for almost seven years, and now I'm back to a full suit and tie. I generally don't mind it, but it can be a ***** in the summer heat.
                      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Tie or no tie, hats

I don't think I would care for a pith helmet.
                        Harrison would look good in one.

Comment

Most of the businesses in the Washington area went business casual about 8 years ago, except of course when clients are in the office. I keep to the dressier end of business casual, and wear nice pants and dress shirt. But I don't wear a jacket. The old farts tend to wear jackets. I think they look good, on the other hand.

The only suit of clothes suitable for 95 degree heat is seersucker (I guess you could do linen). There's a 55+ age limit on those though.
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I wear a tie most days.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

My condolenceses.

Comment

Working...
                              X