No announcement yet.

Do you wear a tie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, even though the official dress code at the office was "business", I showed up in "business casual". I don't think some of the executives approved, but screw them.

I've actually had followers up to senior management level.

However, I'll still wear the suit-and-tie when appropriate.

Comment

Hell, no!

Ties*

*except at interviews, weddings & funerals
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Nope. Business casual here.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Ties

They would have to pay me a lot of money to get me to wear a tie
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

tie no.... hat yes
            Attached Files
            "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
            "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

Originally posted by atomant
              tie no.... hat yes
              Valet? Doorman? Exceptionally well dressed paramilitary force?
              Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
              -Richard Dawkins

Comment

officer winter dress blues, australian army
                "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
                "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

Oh.

I prefered my elaborate fantasy world where there are actually paramilitary valets that garrote you if you don't tip.
                  Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                  -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Mostly yes.
                    Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                    Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                    Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

I have never worn a tie. I'm not sure I understand the utility of it.
                      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I only wore ties during my previous job - but that was a requirement, I hated it.

Now that I am older and in a more professional business, a tie would be quite suitable, but it would have to be a black tie on a white shirt with my sleeves rolled up so that I don't look as if I am a workaholic. (which I am).

Rufus, you have finally got me interested, you sound as if you're an old fart and you work in the State Dept of Singapore? What is it you do exactly? It's quite possible I have met you, seen you or will eventually one day.
                        be free

Comment

As shown by atomant above, the Australian army does not require ties. This (thankfully) also extends to their civilian office staff.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by atomant
                            officer winter dress blues, australian army

rank?
                            corps?

Comment

Not anymore

Well, not since I dont work in banks no more.

Spec.
                              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                                I only wore ties during my previous job - but that was a requirement, I hated it.

Now that I am older and in a more professional business, a tie would be quite suitable, but it would have to be a black tie on a white shirt with my sleeves rolled up so that I don't look as if I am a workaholic. (which I am).

Rufus, you have finally got me interested, you sound as if you're an old fart and you work in the State Dept of Singapore? What is it you do exactly? It's quite possible I have met you, seen you or will eventually one day.
                                No, he works for the US State Department, he's stationed in Singapore.

Comment

Working...
                                X