"Unconquered" nations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Duchy of Grand Fenwick?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Sealand.

Comment

The problem with claiming the nations of the Americas as having never been conquered is that they're so new, and most of them were formed out of formerly conquered - colonized nations. Yes, Brazil has never been conquered, but the tribes that originally possessed it definitely were. The United States has never been conquered, but it was formed out of people who were the descendants of conquered populations ( English, Scots, Irish, German Anabaptists).

I was tempted to say Saudi Arabia, but then I remembered that large parts of Arabia were conquered by the Ottomans.
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Thailand!!!
          "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
          "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
          "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Heressonia
            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
            Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
              Afghanistan?
              They were the ancient Bactrians, conquered by Persians, Seleucids and so on
              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by cinch
                Thailand!!!
                ...................knuckled under to the Japanese in 1941 within a few days of Pearl Harbor. After Japanese crossed the Thai- Indochina border in December of 1941 the King agreed to sign a treaty with Japan. Though Thailand retained nominal autonomy Japanese troops occupied Bangkok and the Thai state became a puppet regime.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                X