For the homosexuals:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the homosexuals:

This came from a conversation with Ming. If scientists were to discover a gene that determines sexual preference, and they then discovered a way to make it so that they could reverse the disorder that causes homosexuality, would you choose to remain homosexual or would you choose to become heterosexual?
    I would choose to remain homo.
    9.52%
    I would choose to become hetero.
    9.52%
    I would choose to remain homo and I think the cure shouldn't be used on the next generation.
    14.29%
    I would choose to remain homo but I think the cure should be used on the next generation.
    0.00%
    Straight people like bananas too.
    66.67%

Just to clarify, my opinion was that I don't think many would want to "change"

And, I don't agree that it is a "disorder"
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

My opinion that it is a disorder, not a preference and it is determined by genes. Genes control everything we do, even how we die. I don't think it's too far fetched to say there is a gene that controls sexual orientation. I personally think most homosexuals would choose to be hetero given the option.

Comment

Hilariously ill-informed, and thus quite unintentionally funny.
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I don't see a vote yet from you.

Comment

I'm with Ming on this. Slap me, I know.
            Eyes' hypothesis assumes the gene to be a mistake in creation.
            I'm not so bold as to ever even think such.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Are you trying to say it was intentionally made that way by god?

Comment

I'm saying I don't think it's a mistake, so I guess that's what I'm saying.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Some might argue it's a disorder, while others would say it might just be a prefernce. I think the question EoN is asking is, if you could change, would you?
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by EyesOfNight
                    I don't see a vote yet from you.
                    I wasn't aware it was compulsory.

The fact that you consider sexuality a 'disorder' and choose to bring the supernatural into it, tells me quite enough, thanks.
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Re: For the homosexuals:

This came from a conversation with Ming. If scientists were to discover a gene that determines sexual preference (...)
                      I read somewhere that some lesbian girl once got a heart transplant, and all the sudden she became straight and a vegetarian

Not sure if I believe that, but if that is the truth then it shouldn't be impossible to find a "cure" for homosexuality
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

That's dumb.

Comment

Re: Re: For the homosexuals:

Originally posted by Adagio I read somewhere that some lesbian girl once got a heart transplant, and all the sudden she became straight and a vegetarian
                          If that's true she should have sued the doctors. Who wants to be a vegetarian?
                          Blah

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
                            The fact that you consider sexuality a 'disorder' and choose to bring the supernatural into it, tells me quite enough, thanks.
                            And Molly's slap shot goes into the goal for a WIN.
                            B♭3

Comment

My opinion that it is a disorder, not a preference and it is determined by genes. Genes control everything we do, even how we die. I don't think it's too far fetched to say there is a gene that controls sexual orientation. I personally think most homosexuals would choose to be hetero given the option.
                              I'd love to correct your staggeringly simplistic and incorrect ideas about genetics and biochemistry but I've got soufflés in the oven.
                              Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                              -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Working...
                              X