Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is this forum even more lively now that everyone left?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is this forum even more lively now that everyone left?

Its been livelier in the past, thought I have to say I have never been a big fan of all the spam and thread destruction that goes on. I would prefer if the mods allowed a handfull of spam or flamewar threads at a tme so they trolls could happily post in them while keeping other threads safe.

What i can't really believe is that I am still here after almost six years.....
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

spam
      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
      Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
        spam
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

This place normally gets pretty sctive on a saturday night.
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

hello again Krill my friend

pieceâ„¢
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Hey AAHZ. decent summer for you so far?
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

tis true

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
                  This place normally gets pretty sctive on a saturday night.
                  Yeah, it's the social urge normally filled in by dates, or by going out on the town with friends, kicking in.

I'm not sure who all the Good Old Boys are who've supposedly left for good, leaving Poly a lifeless hulk. I can think of two regular posters who've gone since I came to this place in '03: Agathon and Paiktis. I admit we could use more Stalinist canuck advocates of book-burning around here, just for balance, and I suppose insulting the Jews or whatever Paiktis did wasn't bad enough to warrant a permaban, but it's not the end of the world. Oh, and it seems Stefu's gone. I do (in all honesty) sort of miss him and his obsession with furries.

But yes, there has been an upswing in spam of late. The solution is to ignore the spam and post thoughtful threads to up the signal-to-noise ratio.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

yes, Krill, with my new job things are going quite well for me again

i am a little sick right now, but hey, thats just a bump in the road i suppose

hope you are well

pieceâ„¢
                    Order of the Fly
                    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

there were never any thoughtful threads on Poly. You go to civfanatics for that
                      To Apolyton, You go for some spam
                      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                      Middle East!

Comment

Wow, a whole 6 years? That's a really long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok

Yeah, it's the social urge normally filled in by dates, or by going out on the town with friends, kicking in.

I'm not sure who all the Good Old Boys are who've supposedly left for good, leaving Poly a lifeless hulk. I can think of two regular posters who've gone since I came to this place in '03: Agathon and Paiktis. I admit we could use more Stalinist canuck advocates of book-burning around here, just for balance, and I suppose insulting the Jews or whatever Paiktis did wasn't bad enough to warrant a permaban, but it's not the end of the world. Oh, and it seems Stefu's gone. I do (in all honesty) sort of miss him and his obsession with furries.

But yes, there has been an upswing in spam of late. The solution is to ignore the spam and post thoughtful threads to up the signal-to-noise ratio.
                          I remember paiktis. I liked the fellow, and hell, I'm Jewish.

Where's Serb, by the way?

Comment

JohnT...

AAHZ, I'm okish, I got a new job as well, and a little ill but nothing special, jsut a flu variant I think. Good to hear things are going better for you, and hope you start feeling better soon so we can add some spam to this place and liven it up

Comment

Serb
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                              X