I'm leaving, pay attention to me NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm leaving, pay attention to me NOW!

Poly just isn't the same as it used to be, so I'll be leaving forever. I will only return to post snappy comebacks in this thread to people who say things like "good riddance." Also, I may call some of you "skanks" or "ass-clowns" on other message boards, and I may try to slip back in amidst the excitement when the next expansion pack for a game comes out. Generally speaking, however, I am leaving forever and you ought to all be kicking yourselves right now.

I remember when this site was much more friendly and filled with cooler posters than it is now. Now everyone who posts on 'Poly is a total jerk who often disagrees with me instead of bending over backwards to kiss my taint worshipfully, the way posters ought to. Also, these stupid n00bs don't get my references to that awesome joke I made two years ago. You remember that joke? The one with the furry and the cantelope? You don't? Hmph, what a tool you are.

In conclusion, it ought to be obvious that change is a bad thing. Every site has its Golden Age, defined as the period beginning six months after I joined when people started paying attention to my opinions and ending a few months ago when some old members moved on and the new ones didn't treat me like an old friend or give me the deference I deserved as a guy who's been posting on this particular forum longer than they have. I have told you all time and time again that you need to go back to exactly the way you were before. I yelled, I made long emo threads, I even held my breath until I turned blue, but reality refused to conform to my wishes. Well screw you, 'Poly. I'm leaving and there's nothing you can say to stop me, though I encourage you to post long, rambling tributes to how great I am anyway. It's just the neighborly thing to do. I shouldn't have to remind you of that.

P.S. Where's the "slam door" emoticon, huh?
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Re: I'm leaving, pay attention to me NOW!

Originally posted by Elok

Also, these stupid n00bs don't get my references to that awesome joke I made two years ago. You remember that joke? The one with the furry and the cantelope?
    I do remember that joke. I never knew furries could stick a cantelope that deep there! It was great.!

Comment

Just brilliant!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Poly just isn't the same as it used to be, so I'll be leaving forever. I will only return to post snappy comebacks in this thread to people who say things like "good riddance." Also, I may call some of you "skanks" or "ass-clowns" on other message boards, and I may try to slip back in amidst the excitement when the next expansion pack for a game comes out. Generally speaking, however, I am leaving forever and you ought to all be kicking yourselves right now.

I remember when this site was much more friendly and filled with cooler posters than it is now. Now everyone who posts on 'Poly is a total jerk who often disagrees with me instead of bending over backwards to kiss my taint worshipfully, the way posters ought to. Also, these stupid n00bs don't get my references to that awesome joke I made two years ago. You remember that joke? The one with the furry and the cantelope? You don't? Hmph, what a tool you are.

In conclusion, it ought to be obvious that change is a bad thing. Every site has its Golden Age, defined as the period beginning six months after I joined when people started paying attention to my opinions and ending a few months ago when some old members moved on and the new ones didn't treat me like an old friend or give me the deference I deserved as a guy who's been posting on this particular forum longer than they have. I have told you all time and time again that you need to go back to exactly the way you were before. I yelled, I made long emo threads, I even held my breath until I turned blue, but reality refused to conform to my wishes. Well screw you, 'Poly. I'm leaving and there's nothing you can say to stop me, though I encourage you to post long, rambling tributes to how great I am anyway. It's just the neighborly thing to do. I shouldn't have to remind you of that.

"You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Blah

Comment

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

QFT. Also, we need:
              -frog
              -vomit
              -better crying
              smilies.
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Ban Heresson
                Ban LordShiva
                This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Poly's not quite dead yet.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I'm almost tempted to top this thread, close all the other I'm leaving threads, and tell people to post their I'm leaving forever stories in this thread...

GREAT STUFF!
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Just brilliant!
                        QFT

Comment

This just made my day
                          In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

I'm almost tempted to top this thread, close all the other I'm leaving threads, and tell people to post their I'm leaving forever stories in this thread...

GREAT STUFF!
                            I quitting taking my ball and going home subforum
                            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Good riddance

Comment

Working...
                              X