No announcement yet.

What's your favorite part of summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knowing that it is bloody freezing and miserable back in my homeland (England) while all is glorious in NZ........
    Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
    The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
    Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
    Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Bright sunny days and wearing sarongs.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

and siestas
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
          golf
          grilling
          skantily clad women

Comment

The burning ember days of August spent basking on hot stone beaches and swimming in warm night seas. My birthday. Fresh food and salads and cold white wine and the delicious touch of flame on tender meat. Long drawn out hours of light spent lazing about in cafés.
            Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
            -Richard Dawkins

Comment

The long hours of daylight. Great.
              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

being on the lake

Comment

Preseason football camps.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

My favourite part of summer must be the part where there are no rain, no mosquitoes and a good amount of heat with a slow breeze from the sea to counter it.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

My favorite part of summer is beer. Which is also my favorite part of winter, spring and autumn.
                      Blah

Comment

Beer
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Well, let's see what the max is for Leeds-Bradford airport today.

Yep, 12c (54F).

Hello coldest July day.
                          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney
                            the hot, sunny part. sadly it hasn't happened yet.
                            We have the same problem here. What a lousy summer so far... Fortunately, the ladies are as lovely as ever
                            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

warm, dark nights
                              Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Working...
                              X