No announcement yet.

Leaving forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not advocating anything, just posting a link to answer the man's question.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
      You're just upset that no one worships you. Now if you used the phrase, "You've just been Gepap'd!" more often, that could change.

And ming - Asher's version does provide lots more info than poly's version. Even if it is slanted info, it's better than none.

Comment

Yeah... but a lot of the "details" are his made up fantasy
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
          I'm against banning people just because they are dicks. People say he was disruptive, but I was never disrupted in any ways from enjoying the forums. If I didn't want to read one of his rants about the administration, I skipped the thread. I don't read every thread here.
          What about harassment?

I don't think there are many people here who don't know that LOTM often brings his religion into thread topics in a way that other posters (even those who have the same religion as him) do not. It's just what he does, like how Tuberski always signs his posts with "ACK!" or the fact that Ming sometimes makes humorous spelling errors, or the fact that I like to talk about Apple computers and Communism.

There's no reason that he shouldn't be called on it, or occasionally wound up about it (I've done that myself), but that is a lot different from stalking him on the forums and bringing it up all the time.

Most posters here have their own foibles, and making fun of them is part of the community. But when it is done to excess, it becomes harassment.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Re: Re: Leaving forever

Originally posted by Cort Haus

I don't subscribe to the popular view around here that the only interesting posters are the trolls.

The main problem with this place is not moderation (even though I have disgreed with some decisions) but troll-worship.
            QFT
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Re: Re: Leaving forever

Originally posted by Cort Haus

I don't subscribe to the popular view around here that the only interesting posters are the trolls.

The main problem with this place is not moderation (even though I have disgreed with some decisions) but troll-worship.
              That is very well-said. Kudos.
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

What about harassment?

I don't think there are many people here who don't know that LOTM often brings his religion into thread topics in a way that other posters (even those who have the same religion as him) do not. It's just what he does, like how Tuberski always signs his posts with "ACK!" or the fact that Ming sometimes makes humorous spelling errors, or the fact that I like to talk about Apple computers and Communism.

There's no reason that he shouldn't be called on it, or occasionally wound up about it (I've done that myself), but that is a lot different from stalking him on the forums and bringing it up all the time.

Most posters here have their own foibles, and making fun of them is part of the community. But when it is done to excess, it becomes harassment.

You are commie?

see my thread, bitte

I need a foot massage

Comment

The stock answer is no, I guess, given that their labour isn't being alienated in the way that a factory worker's is.

But I'm the wrong person to ask, since I am a very unorthodox communist.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

@ Cort's thread on CG.

WTF is that place?
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

counterglow, paiktis posts there
                      I need a foot massage

Comment

I have to say that CG has the absolute worst default color scheme of any site I've ever visited...
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Seriously though Ming, you let EON go around and contribute NOTHING positive or insightful while asher had negative parts, he also had many positive ones as well.
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

EON hates Civ4/BtS is an expected and somewhat amusing thread.
                            The gay-baiting poll thread is over the line IMO.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

please, free paiktis and make him return
                              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                              Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit

The gay-baiting poll thread is over the line IMO.
                                I don't have a problem with EON's poll's false assumptions, ignorance and illogicality.

If I were unable to defend myself by exposing the intellectual fraud and nullity behind it, that might be a different matter.

It's at least as enjoyable as when Asher was riled enough to start a thread on what being cultured entailed.

That was sheer pleasure to read.
                                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                                X