Winter Olympic Games of 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not talking geographic location.
    Well, in theory the location has monetary gain, so that's good.
    Go Russia!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
      Ok
      A real honest to goodness question, since no more U S S R and now Russia, what parts of the former U S S R will compete under the "Russian" Country Flag?
      None. Except the Russian Federation (former RSFSR - now Russia).

I ask, I know a lot of pain and politics are about, I just wonder, in the USA, if someone is from another country they dont compete on America's Team, they go to their country.

Thanks

Gramps
      The same is true for Russia, as well. A lot of Russian sportsmen won Olympic medals for other countries (not even former USSR republics, like Austria, f.e.) since the collapse of the SU, because they've switched their citizenship. You can't be a member of your Motherland Olympic team, if you are a citizen of a different country. The rules are simple.
      The last Olypic games when all parts of the former USSR performed as united team of the CIS (Commonwealth of Indepedent States) was in 1992, iirc. After that everyone on its own.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        I'm not talking geographic location.
        Well, in theory the location has monetary gain, so that's good.
        Go Russia!
        As for a measure of dictatorship - you win hands down.
        We don't invade independent soverign countries a-la Hitler, like you do.

Comment

I congratulate you, and your response is talk trash at me.
          Ok, Serb. Now I know how you are.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Just notice:
            a) I'm drunk as hell
            b) English is not my native language
            c) I have not sleep for over 48 hours

So, I simply cannot use more than 0.001% of by brain activity to deal with you, my dear Texas friend.

Comment

I didn't even joke about your non-existent knowledge of geographic location of Sudan.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                Um, Canada? Greenland?
                It's unbelievable, but Russia is more cold country than Canada.

p.s. And Greenland is not a country at all (it's a part of Denmark).
                Famous American geography skills - meh...

Comment

It's unbelievable, but Russia is more cold country than Canada.

But not further north, unless you've got some itty-bitty islands I can't see...

Comment

Originally posted by Serb
                    I didn't even joke about your non-existent knowledge of geographic location of Sudan.
                    WTF does that mean?

I know where Sudan is located, and I also know that the probablility of hosting an Olympics is zip.
                    I fail to see your point.

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Serb
                        p.s. Putin's english rocks (it's his third language)!
                        Putin's English

This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

I'm actually glad they did this. Perhaps now Russia won't feel the need to throw the "look at me, I'm important" tantrums quiet as much now that they got the winter games.

Congradulatioins
                          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Ari Rahikkala

Putin's English

He speeks German and French too.

Comment

SERBOVICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriy, kak dela? Na Chernim Bumere po Omske eshe ne katesh?

Comment

AND they won't invade other countries until the day right after the ending ceremony
                                I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                                X