• Winter Olympic Games of 2014

Welcome to Russia!
    Attached Files

:beer: : bears: : vodka: : fireworks: : beer:

Comment

Originally posted by Serb
      :vodka : vodka: : vodka: : vodka: : vodka:
      fixed
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Is that Sochi on the Black Sea? Isn't that too warm for winter Olympics?

Comment

Congrats. South Korea was the favourite (according to some sources) but there were some good candidates. I saw some program about this Sochi project and everything, looked pretty cool to me, it's a nice area. Expecting good games.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
            Is that Sochi on the Black Sea?
            Yes.

Isn't that too warm for winter Olympics?
            No.
            I was there 6 years ago (and probably will go there within the next week, since Paiktis do not respond) and I can confirm - it's a unique place, with unique nature and climate. You can see the snow tops of the mountains right from the beach. You can go from the Miditerenian shore like beaches to Alpine like mountains within a half of the hour. And there are a lot of snow even at July.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
              Congrats. South Korea was the favourite (according to some sources) but there were some good candidates. I saw some program about this Sochi project and everything, looked pretty cool to me, it's a nice area. Expecting good games.
              Thanks! Me too.

p.s. Putin's english rocks (it's his third language)!

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi

:sport: :sport: :sport::sport::sport::sport::sport:
                fixed fixed

Comment

By 7 minutes the other thread was formed
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Congrats, Serb

I just didn't foresee your thread and posted mine. I thought you were deep on vacation.
                    Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

Can't remember everything, except that the place itself was pretty impressive as an area. Nice nature, lots of activities you could do... no doubt the value of properties are going up now that it gets noticed more.

But as a resort, it was pretty much in shape already. Well doesn't matter now, I hoped either Sochi or South Korea will get it, because of their locations. Plus you need to have the Olympics around the world so I think this was a good choice in all aspects. Nice area, no Olympics around that area in a long time if ever, things pretty much in shape already, the backing of the state in order, safety can be guaranteed no questions asked, so it's ideal this time around.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

It's just pathetic how much a Finn will glorify Russia any chance he gets

Comment

Right . Nah, I saw this program about the whole campagn and Sochi. It looked good to me.
                          In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                            It's just pathetic how much a Finn will glorify Russia any chance he gets
                            Everybody luvs a Ruskie
                            Attached Files
                            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                              Can't remember everything, except that the place itself was pretty impressive as an area. Nice nature, lots of activities you could do... no doubt the value of properties are going up now that it gets noticed more.

But as a resort, it was pretty much in shape already. Well doesn't matter now, I hoped either Sochi or South Korea will get it, because of their locations. Plus you need to have the Olympics around the world so I think this was a good choice in all aspects. Nice area, no Olympics around that area in a long time if ever, things pretty much in shape already, the backing of the state in order, safety can be guaranteed no questions asked, so it's ideal this time around.
                              Russia (in all its incarnations like USSR) was never a host for a winter olympic games. You have to agree that country of such great olympic traditions (and homeplace of so many winter olympic champins) clearly deserved to be a host for the Winter Olymipc Games.

And we won!!!
                              Last edited by Serb; July 4, 2007, 20:40.

Comment

Working...
                              X