which USAian country is coolest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpencerH

Jealous? After all no one would pick this decrepit part of the USA (the Northeast). Now that I live here (during the week) I realize all the more how wonderful the south is.
    NOt, not jealous at all. The south is cheap for a reason. After all, does the market not tell us that if a place is expensive to live in, its because people want to live there?

I can get Southern stuff in NYC, but you can't get culture in the South.

Oh, and last time I looked, more people have chosen this decrepid corridor than Dixie in the poll
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

you can't get culture in the South.

Definately!

Now...you just go and tell that to all your Yankee friends.

Also, please encourage them never to go down South and see for themselves. Jethro might just mistake 'em for a possum!

I just love Yankees sometimes.....
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Just jealous that the Northeast has 33% more votes than Dixie.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
          Just jealous that the Northeast has 33% more votes than Dixie.

Ya caught me. What can I say?
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclotron

That's because you should have used "region," not "country." Americans usually think of "country" in terms of a foreign country, i.e. state.
            It was kind of a joke, a response to the thread on British "countries".

Though I also had this in mind

"A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
            X