On Getting Old...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Getting Old...

Last edited by ZEE; April 27, 2011, 08:36.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

I certainly can relate. I still wouldn't trade my worst day.
    Your worst days are as important as your best days, in making us who we are today. Learn from the bad ones, just as much as you learn and cherish the good ones, and never look back for longer than it takes to remind yourself.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Dont go outside this weekend (or whenever you get a free day) instead sleep 12 hours, my advice
      I need a foot massage

Comment

take a warm bath!
        my legs were killing me yesterday from soccer and water skiing.
        BAM! problem solved in like 10 minutes. oh, then go to sleep.
        sleeping in the bathtub is ok, but you'll be wrinkly for a little while when you finally get out.

Comment

Hot tubs are fantastic.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

you now i still try to understand the need for the over perscrptions of anti this and that, the depressants and psychotics, i mean what is the deal? is it easier to be insane then deal with ur problems, or just give up and take the medications u may or may not need? I dont get it
            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Perhaps your pains have a psychosomatic part/origin?
              Sometimes when one is chronically unable to relax, he cannot even tell the different between being relaxed or not, since it has been forgotten.
              And headaches are known to be related to stress.

Comment

Sorry to hear you're down, AAHZ. Get some rest and report back when you can. the sauna/hot bath thing might be4 a good start in that direction. for me, I just need a good night's sleep to put me right.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I want to live,
                  I want to give
                  Ive been a miner for a heart of gold.
                  Its these expressions I never give
                  That keep me searching for a heart of gold
                  And Im getting old.
                  Keeps me searching for a heart of gold
                  And Im getting old.

Ive been to hollywood
                  Ive been to redwood
                  I crossed the ocean for a heart of gold
                  Ive been in my mind, its such a fine line
                  That keeps me searching for a heart of gold
                  And Im getting old.
                  Keeps me searching for a heart of gold
                  And Im getting old.

Keep me searching for a heart of gold
                  You keep me searching for a heart of gold
                  And Im getting old.
                  Ive been a miner for a heart of gold.

"Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Re: On Getting Old...

Originally posted by AAHZ
                    Hello Friends.

I used to think that i was invincible when i was younger. I looked like i was 15-16 up through my mid 20's. I had energy that would never expire. blah. blah. blah, you get the point.

well this might also be from the fact that i am working again after 5 years of being sedentary, but right now i feel absolutely and totally wiped out. like i am so damn exhausted that even concentrating on and writing this is becoming a tremendous chore. I once again just got home from another long 9-hour day. while my legs/back have always been sore, from my back injury years ago, now i have a permanent limp when i walk. oh, i can walk normally if i want to, but it feels incredibly awkward and extremely painful. mentally, i am completely drained after the years of abuse i have done to myself from the drugs to the anti-psychotics, to the horrible allergic reactions i had to the said anti-psychotics, that damn near hospitilized/killed me. I am 29 years old. i know there are posters older and younger than this on this board, but i actually feel much, much older. i have been told that i am just out of shape, and that might be true as well, but i am beginning to think that age is hitting me in the face like a sledgehammer. when i got home and laid down in bed from pure exhaustion, i damn near cried from the pain in my feet and up my legs. on top of all this i am starting to get extremely sick as i have a horrible headache and my throat hurts so bad i cannot swallow without tremendous effort

can anybody relate?

thanks and pieceâ„¢
                    Out of curiosity have you been tested for AIDS. These are AIDS symptoms in addition to being fatigue and stress symptoms. Sometimes you never know but you'd better find out.

Additionally, you might have the flu.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      Hot tubs are fantastic.
                      QFT. speaking of which, i need to add more chemicals to ours.

Comment

These are the hours that try men's souls, and leave me wanting for more. The aches and the pains, the anguish and the exhuastion, are but reminders of our mortalness and desire to be so much more. They may be echoes of the past seared into your flesh crying out for attention and rememberance, or they may be new born wounds burning in their youth. When the day is done and my tired mind wishes to ignore my aging body it is then that I know I've done as Kipling has charged us men with in his poem "if"; I have filled each unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run... and it is good.
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Re: On Getting Old...

Originally posted by AAHZ
                          Hello Friends.

I used to think that i was invincible when i was younger. I looked like i was 15-16 up through my mid 20's. I had energy that would never expire. blah. blah. blah, you get the point.

well this might also be from the fact that i am working again after 5 years of being sedentary, but right now i feel absolutely and totally wiped out. like i am so damn exhausted that even concentrating on and writing this is becoming a tremendous chore. I once again just got home from another long 9-hour day. while my legs/back have always been sore, from my back injury years ago, now i have a permanent limp when i walk. oh, i can walk normally if i want to, but it feels incredibly awkward and extremely painful. mentally, i am completely drained after the years of abuse i have done to myself from the drugs to the anti-psychotics, to the horrible allergic reactions i had to the said anti-psychotics, that damn near hospitilized/killed me. I am 29 years old. i know there are posters older and younger than this on this board, but i actually feel much, much older. i have been told that i am just out of shape, and that might be true as well, but i am beginning to think that age is hitting me in the face like a sledgehammer. when i got home and laid down in bed from pure exhaustion, i damn near cried from the pain in my feet and up my legs. on top of all this i am starting to get extremely sick as i have a horrible headache and my throat hurts so bad i cannot swallow without tremendous effort

can anybody relate?

thanks and pieceâ„¢
                          I can relate, I have gone to pot in recent years too. You're about the same age as me, and remember, it is never too late. You can do something about it, although it is hard at first.

At least I hope it isn't age and just neglect. I can reverse neglect, but age is a different matter entirely
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Re: Re: On Getting Old...

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                            Out of curiosity have you been tested for AIDS. These are AIDS symptoms in addition to being fatigue and stress symptoms. Sometimes you never know but you'd better find out.

Additionally, you might have the flu.

Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; April 27, 2011, 08:36.
                              Order of the Fly
                              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                              X