The loudness war or how the music industry is butchering CD sound quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caligastia
    How can I find out which companies do this, and which don't?
    I'm not sure. I'm trying to find out.

I heard that a guy tried to return 700$ worth of CD's to Sony BMG, because they all had the problem I'm talking about. Surprisingly, it would seem that Sony accepted.

That said, its probably not a company policy at Sony to compress the music. Its the record producers and the artists themselves who are the major culprits.
    Last edited by Nostromo; June 29, 2007, 16:19.
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

people still buy CD's?

Comment

Of course. There are some good, honest people left Not anti-American scum like you MP3's are ripped from CD's anyway...
        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

People still pay for music?
          Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
          Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

When you steal music, you make the baby Jesus cry

Comment

A lot of people slammed Bob Dylan for telling you it was crap.
              My, how the worm has turned.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Dylan's great. He stands up to record companies, is in awe of Paul McCartney and hates his fawning admirers.
                Last edited by Drake Tungsten; June 29, 2007, 19:53.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Idiot. Can you walk and chew gum at the same time?
                  You sure as hell can't read and comprehend.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Haven't you read his biography? He spends a great deal of time slagging off his worshippers and talking about his attempts to get away from them.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      Idiot. Can you walk and chew gum at the same time?
                      You sure as hell can't read and comprehend.
                      HEY... enough with the personal crap Sloww... discuss the topic and take the insults somewhere else.
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Step over this line. I double-dog dare you.

Comment

When people steal music they tell themselves that they are getting what they deserve from teh evil record companies, and that the artists are rich enough anyway. They think they're really clever, and gloat about it on internet message boards.

Well, the top artists won't go too short as long as they are big enough to still sell enough - but the artists at the margin will go to the wall. Other artists won't bother at all and will give up, because the chances of making a living is so slim. I know I have.

South Park fell into this track when they did a show on how cool it was to steal from teh evil companies and mega-rich stars. Funny really, because they don't like their episodes freely downloadable, and stop websites that are offering it.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                            A lot of people slammed Bob Dylan for telling you it was crap.
                            My, how the worm has turned.
                            He made it into a vinyl vs. CD issue, IIRC. And its BS, IMO. The problem is compression, not the CD technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                              When people steal music they tell themselves that they are getting what they deserve from teh evil record companies, and that the artists are rich enough anyway. They think they're really clever, and gloat about it on internet message boards.

Well, the top artists won't go too short as long as they are big enough to still sell enough - but the artists at the margin will go to the wall. Other artists won't bother at all and will give up, because the chances of making a living is so slim. I know I have.

South Park fell into this track when they did a show on how cool it was to steal from teh evil companies and mega-rich stars. Funny really, because they don't like their episodes freely downloadable, and stop websites that are offering it.
                              I agree Unfortunately, whenever there's no chance of getting caught, people conveniently forget their moral principles. Try to imagine what would happen if some company started to sell cheap invisibility rings

Comment

Is there a list of albums that have this problem?
                                Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Working...
                                X