No announcement yet.

Interner radio set to die on July 15.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) 150GB = how many hours of music (I know you use lossless)?
    2) I add music fast enough (a few CD's worth a month) that I don't really get tired of it (especially since I take the time to rate it all).
    3) I like being able to specify which of my music I want to listen to at any time.

Comment

Looking at it, I might use this just to find new artists to buy...

Comment

1) 150GB = how many hours of music (I know you use lossless)?
        I couldn't say. But even if I had a 500 GB music collection, I'm pretty sure I'd have the urge once in a while to get away from it all and try out something fresh.

I'm listening to SomaFM as we speak. I stream it on my main sound system.

The RIAA are really starting to piss me off. We should bomb their headquarters. Who's in? Or maybe they should move to Canada. They're welcome here, especially Pandora.
        Last edited by Nostromo; June 26, 2007, 23:49.
        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
          Looking at it, I might use this just to find new artists to buy...
          Better use it fast because Pandora has officially said it can't afford to pay the new bill and will be closing shop on the 15th of next month.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Says who? I can't see that info anywhere...

Comment

Listen to the link in the OP.

Comment

You link to a station streaming songs..

Comment

Pandora closed to all countries outside the US & UK because of the new fees, but no one says they are closing in the US..

Comment

Earlier today several thousand internet radio stations turned off their music and had DJs loop a five minute piece explaining why the royalty system Republicans pushed through last year unfairly singled out internet radio. They also explained that their stations will be going bankrupt because they don't have the hundreds of thousands of dollars the RIAA will charge them.

It also explained that just 2% of the "royalty" money the RIAA charges people ever actually gets paid to artists. The RIAA uses up the other 98% as over head. I say let's give the artists more and force the fat asses at the RIAA to stop eating lobster & steak every day charged to their gold plated expense accounts. Make the RIAA go diet so that more of existing royalty money goes to artists instead of the fat fingers of the RIAA.

Comment

...So Pandora isn't closing?

Comment

The DJ at SOMA FM said SOMA and Pandora would be closing because they can't pay the new royalty rates. Maybe they'll start a new company in Canada and start broadcasting there.

Comment

SOMA FM looks like something a few terrorists put together to make their site seem legitimate.

Comment

This is what you get when a bunch of old pranksters rule ya country.
                            I bet they only recently learned to spell i-n-t-e-r-n-e-t, not with a 'd' in the end or more twisted stuff (like in the thread title ).

Those guys are mentally stuck.
                            Last edited by binTravkin; June 27, 2007, 06:54.
                            -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Welcome to Soviet America.

So, when will America get a proper rightwing party? The Dems don't count.
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Left wing party you mean? The anwser is no new parties will break into the political system because the two current parties have completely rigged everything to make it impossible for a third party to get more then the odd dog catcher position.

Comment

Working...
                                X