No announcement yet.

I am happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lancer, right on. Some consistency helps relaxing. You know guaranteed salary and I mean guaranteed (academia), guaranteed rent money, guaranteed food money... and guaranteed advancement. At your own pace even. Of course you want to be efficient to go where you need to be at the end, but still, everything is secured in this sense for the next 3 years.

Then you're left with much easier problems, like where can I get some quality time with nice girls, where should I go on vacation and stuff like that.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Re: Re: I am happy

Originally posted by Sir Ralph

Just curious, what's called "warmth" for a Finn? If the temperature goes above 0° Celsius?
      It's called Sauna
      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Warmth for a Fin is the sauna after the icebath and the flogging.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Says the Norwegian and the Swede...
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Norway lies at the Gulf stream. We are one warm people.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I'm about normal- irritated beyond belief by the fact that I'm working for morons.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Nikolai, yeah, but you're still jealous of our climate.

Laz, that gets me as well. Fortunately almost everyone is on summer vacation, plus the new place, I'll be working with few talented individuals so I think I'm the moron amongst them, so I won't notice it
                In da butt.

Comment

I'm not happy. I'm stuck doing crappy jobs and temping. I wish that someday I could get a job where I don't feel completely useless and depressed.

But I'm pleased you're happy Pekka. You've seem to have gone through hell for the last year (or more?) and you've come out on top.
                  I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

I'm stressed. My degree results come out tomorrow.
                    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                    -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Uncertainty is the spice of life.
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Then I am very tasty.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

TMI.
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Good luck Starchild
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                              TMI.
                              I thought it might be but I wasn't sure.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                                Uncertainty is the spice of life.
                                & life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.
                                Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                                Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Working...
                                X