No announcement yet.

Global Cooling Comeback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taken in context the latter makes no support to his case. Unless you think that the amount of solar radiation incident 10+ million years ago, or the material created billions of years ago, is related to current solar energy output and the effect on the current climate:

This was the statement of observation that was explained by the fact that 'the sun and the stars are the ultimate source of all energy on the planet'.

For example, I and the first-class scientists I work with are consistently finding excellent correlations between the regular fluctuations in the brightness of the sun and earthly climate
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Taken in context the latter makes no support to his case.

I didn't actually read the article, which seems to have been your first mistake...
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Does geothermal energy have a significantly varying effect on the energy balance? (Apart from eruptions throwing dust into the air.)
          Asked and answered.

Comment

It's a shame some have lost the art of parody by arguments ad absurdum.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
              Wonder wich oil company that are controlling this researcher and his "results".

Guess that it soon will be revealed - if not, then at least that he was a bedwetter as child.
              According to Source Watch he appears to be a climate change denier in the sense it will go in the opposite direction and CO2 is some sort of happy magical gas that does no harm, but claims to have not received any funding from oil companies and the like. A lot of guilt-by-association just in the first few sentences of their article on him.
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

good, it's going to be a hot one tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

It is often quite refreshing to reprase things.

Without search I can come up with a spot or two on Icleand, ditto in US and New Zealand - there are a number of volcanoes that are more or less active and then there are deep sea "black smokers" (i'm quite sure that I have forgotten some - think that there are one on the northern japanese islands too), and you are quite right - they influence the local ecosystems, but neither of them has any impact as a source of energy on global scale wich is what he claims - I guess that most high school kids are aware of this.
                  Well, considering that one of the major theories for where life began was around black smokers means that in all probability without geothermal energy we wouldn't even be here to argue this point...

But yes, the globe is cooling - did you know there was even a time when the entire planet was basically a hellish landscape of volcanoes and rivers of molten lava...
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

You know... I read a 145 page .pdf about impacts of global warming on business, yet somehow this article seems too long to read.
                    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                    -Joan Robinson

Comment

Zzz..

I will believe in a global cooling when I see glaciers growing again...
                      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Well, there is at least one glacier that actually is growing in volume (albeit slowly) but the vast majority of the world's icepack is melting. The deniers like to crow about that one misfit glacier as if it were the Second Coming of Christ's Fruit Popsicle.
                        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Jesus Pops!
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                            The sun and stars are not the only source nor the only ultimate source of all energy.
                            Dauphin = Fundy Christian
                            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin

I'm not going to read an article and give an in depth rebuttal about complex things that I don't care about when the person writing it is not being wholely truthful with even simple concepts. If he doesn't get basics right and instead makes a sweeping generalisation that even a high school kid can poke holes in, how can you expect me to give time or creedance to any of the debateable conclusions he makes?
                              Bureaucracy has deemed that I should tell you that you have spelt 'credence' wrongly...
                              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe

Dauphin = Fundy Christian
                                Mai oui. Hooray fo moon Jesus!

Comment

Working...
                                X