No announcement yet.

Buisnessweek: Peak oil to Dark Age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 3% of US electricity produced by oil pales in comparison to the ~69% created by coal and natural gas. I rest my case...
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

France
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten

The 3% of US electricity produced by oil pales in comparison to the ~69% created by coal and natural gas. I rest my case...
        Your reference is the US, mine is the world ...
        I rest my case too.
        Statistical anomaly.
        The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Nuclear power isn't a feasible option in much of the world. If you really want to see whether switching to nuclear power would conserve significant amounts of petroleum, you need to look at the current petroleum usage for power generation in countries that can conceiveably incorporate large amounts of nuclear power.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

who cares about much of the world? We're talking about the US
            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Davout wasn't...

As for the US, nuclear power will do jack **** on its own to reduce the American consumption of oil.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Thank you for the insight

Obviously, the answer will also include trains, and using a slurry made of coal to power out tanks
                Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Trains? In America?
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Trains? In America?
                    Maglevs:

Comment

Of course, they and many others recycle their nuclear waste. US companies just dump it in storage and pretend it's going to Yucca Mountain. If the government would just stop giving them handouts (in the form of MY tax dollars) and mandate that they clean up their act along similar lines more civilized nuclear industries have, I might actually be more inclined to approve of nuclear power in the US.
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                        Maglevs:
                        The government is seriously looking at both the Northeastern seaboard as well as Southern and Central California for the initial maglev lines using Transrapid's tech. I believe it's more state and local governments involved than the feds, but federal money will definitely come into play.
                        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Trains? In America?
                          I ride the train everyday on my way to my job with the Military-Industrial complex.

Comment

There's no need for nuclear when there are perfectly green technologies that can meet demand, like wind, solar, and tidal. Nukes produce a poison we have no way to safely dispose of.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

they couldn't even come close to meeting demand.

Comment

Tidal could more than meet our demand alone.
                                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X